I Just Did Something Probably Pretty Stupid.

So I own 2 maxwell titan x's , and after some thought this morning , I decided i'm going to be purchasing 2 rtx 2080 ti's.  Which I figured would be cool.  I just got done posting my titans on ebay scheduled to auction in a bit.  I have a PC part fund bank account, which is sitting pretty high rn as I haven't been in the 'scene' for about a year now , but I feed money to the account automatically , so it's been piling up quickly.  

Anyway , enough bullshitting and backstory. 

I took out 3500 dollars and got a Dell UltraSharp UP3218K.  Yeah, the 8k Monitor , as I figured It would be REALLY cool to try out 8k gaming on the upcoming cards and see how they hold up.  However, in my giddy haste, I failed to even consider if 11gb of Vram was even enough to run the stupid thing.  While I'm fairly confident in 30 fps + at 8k on most games with the 2 cards , I fucking neglected to check out Vram specs.  

I already purchased it, but should I take it back?  8k gaming performance aside, can these cards even render an image that large without insane frame buffer??

Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, Threwnaway said:

Haven't a clue OP.

You should stick with it though. For science of course.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Idek if I can hook up the cards to the monitor, because now im reading something about needing 2 cables?

I probably made a seriously un-thought out purchase , but lol.

1 minute ago, Threwnaway said:

Idek if I can hook up the cards to the monitor, because now im reading something about needing 2 cables?

Plug both cables into the first card.

Don't think there's a single cable solution for 8K yet.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 minutes ago, Threwnaway said:

I probably made a seriously un-thought out purchase , but lol.

With an SLI setup, you should only need to connect one card.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Oh , okay.  Makes sense.  well , looks like i'll need to buy some cables too haha.  

20 minutes ago, Threwnaway said:

So I own 2 maxwell titan x's , and after some thought this morning , I decided i'm going to be purchasing 2 rtx 2080 ti's.  Which I figured would be cool.  I just got done posting my titans on ebay scheduled to auction in a bit.  I have a PC part fund bank account, which is sitting pretty high rn as I haven't been in the 'scene' for about a year now , but I feed money to the account automatically , so it's been piling up quickly.  

Anyway , enough bullshitting and backstory. 

I took out 3500 dollars and got a Dell UltraSharp UP3218K.  Yeah, the 8k Monitor , as I figured It would be REALLY cool to try out 8k gaming on the upcoming cards and see how they hold up.  However, in my giddy haste, I failed to even consider if 11gb of Vram was even enough to run the stupid thing.  While I'm fairly confident in 30 fps + at 8k on most games with the 2 cards , I fucking neglected to check out Vram specs.  

I already purchased it, but should I take it back?  8k gaming performance aside, can these cards even render an image that large without insane frame buffer??

Thanks. 

dude i need like £165 for a budget gaming pc while you're spending 20 times more than me on a monitor!? nani!? omegaLUL. and 2 rtx 2080ti's? shouldn't 1 be enough for even 8k60fps?

Soon to be PC Specs:

Processor: FX-8350 8 Cores @ 4.7GHZ CPU

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX R2.0 Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 4x4 1600MHZ RAM

Cooler: AMD's New Wraith Cooler

Graphics Card: Chinese Yeston GTX 1060 5GB GPU

Hard Drive: Western Digital Blue 2012 1TB 7200RPM 3.5 Inch 64MB Cache HDD

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Full Tower PC Case

Power Supply: Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold PSU

16 minutes ago, oli75uk said:

dude i need like £165 for a budget gaming pc while you're spending 20 times more than me on a monitor!? nani!? omegaLUL. and 2 rtx 2080ti's? shouldn't 1 be enough for even 8k60fps?

Haha , Sorry friend.  I'm not boast here, so i apologize if I'm coming off some uptight rich dickhead.  

But from looking at a review, sli titan xp's were getting between 30 and 40 fps , so I would assume , that 40 to 60 fps would be the best I could expect, with 70-80 at a serious stretch.

and here i am making 100k a year playing with a 650ti boost lol , ur my hero! plz report to us when you got this  uber setup running at 8k !!!

Imo 4k would be better. Much cheaper and still awesome image quality - with much higher FPS too

That's an F in the profile pic

14 hours ago, blitzilla said:

and here i am making 100k a year playing with a 650ti boost lol , ur my hero! plz report to us when you got this  uber setup running at 8k !!!

I'll post an update when and if I can get this setup running!

6 hours ago, Froody129 said:

Imo 4k would be better. Much cheaper and still awesome image quality - with much higher FPS too

Totally true. I do have a spare 32 inch 4k monitor in case stuff doesn't work out, but yeah honestly this was more of an impulse curiosity type deal vs the optimal setup haha.

1 minute ago, Threwnaway said:

Totally true. I do have a spare 32 inch 4k monitor in case stuff doesn't work out, but yeah honestly this was more of an impulse curiosity type deal vs the optimal setup haha.

xD totally get it though. People who buy the currently "crazy" hardware are what lets it filter down. Good luck with your build! 

That's an F in the profile pic