ASUS PG35VQ and ACER 35X

LINUS!!!! And friends!

Theres been no info about these monitors for way to long, do you or does anyone else have any info on a solid release date and price?  

P_setting_000_1_90_end_500.png

Screenshot_20180819-103603_Chrome.jpg

I literally update my search for these monitors every day and there's no fixed release date yet. However, it is estimated to arrive in Q4 2018, so I'm hoping I can pair it with a 2080 ti!

The most concrete news recently was that the panel went into production in July: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/39.htm#panels_auo. 

I'm guessing it will come out around Nov/Dec (and I really hope it does!).

I was close to getting the AW3418, but I think this one would be much more future-proof.

Let's hope we won't have to be patient for much longer!

Hey thanks for the reply lol I've posted everywhere about this particular monitor and the PG35VQ and received no responses lol

"I was close to getting the AW3418, but I think this one would be much more future-proof."

That's funny, I was waiting for these HDR ones too for over a year, but once the $2000 price on the 27 inch was announced, $500 just for the GSync module, I snapped up the Alienware during Dell's Prime Day counter-sale, and I am happy with it.

Yet if you have the ~$2500+ for the 35 inch HDR... it still is the holy grail!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah this is getting ridiculous. Its almost like ASUS doesnt give a shit anymore. If they plan to release Q4 2018 they should give us a concrete

release date like right now! I wait for well over a year now and it really pisses me off that ASUS keeps being silent about this monitor but at the same time keeps showing it at big events since early 2017. They also lied to us several times now with false release info.

• 2 weeks later...

These must be delayed significantly, just as every other HDR high refresh monitor that's been before. They'd want to be announcing these soon otherwise, so the reason they've said nothing must be due to production issues/delays of some sort. We won't be seeing these in 2018 now I'm sure, Q1 2019 if we're lucky but more likely Q2/Q3 I think. Monitor tech moves at a snail's pace.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any more news on this. I know that it has been a while and right now it seems everyone also knows there is an information freeze in regards to this topic and additional specs/release date, etc. However, i know the information exists and as we approach the great turkey day of decades past traditions of American debauchery there is the rise of viernes de negro so just want to make sure everyone makes some good panel decisions. 

On 11/6/2018 at 4:55 PM, DigiRev_MAC said:

Does anyone have any more news on this. I know that it has been a while and right now it seems everyone also knows there is an information freeze in regards to this topic and additional specs/release date, etc. However, i know the information exists and as we approach the great turkey day of decades past traditions of American debauchery there is the rise of viernes de negro so just want to make sure everyone makes some good panel decisions. 

Unfortunately there aren't any. Acer recently told via twitter that they announce a release date "soon" but that is all. I don't think they will be available by end of the year to be honest. And even if, availability will be bad or something so at the moment I expect Q1-Q2 2019.

• 1 month later...

the year is 2019! it's the future with jet-packs, space travel, ASUS VG49V, ROG Swift PG35VQ, and Acer Predator X35

oh wait, the future is a desolate land of disappointment

RTX 2000 series was a disappointment, so clearly they are holding it for 2020 ?

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I saw in taobao, the seller said no stock but coming soon

微信图片_20190119142118.png

16 minutes ago, nbdrer said:

This is what I saw in taobao, the seller said no stock but coming soon

微信图片_20190119142118.png

And here is the panel for repair

微信截图_20190119143022.png