Microphone wont work after windows 10 update

Intel HD Graphics
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,
48 minutes ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

Hello there fellow techies. My computer shut itself down for a windows 10 update and when i got back on after it had finnished updating my mic doesent work. I cant call my friends on discord or any other applications that require a mic. I have also realized that after the update it takes a very long time to alt tab back into games compared to before the update

Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

Make sure that:

• "Allow access to the Microphone on this device" is set to: On
  • "Allow apps to access your Microphone" is set to: On
  • And that "Desktop App Web Viewer" is Enabled (depending on how the app is made, this one might be needed). If you see "Discord" in the list, turn it on.

Hello there fellow techies. My computer shut itself down for a windows 10 update and when i got back on after it had finnished updating my mic doesent work. I cant call my friends on discord or any other applications that require a mic. I have also realized that after the update it takes a very long time to alt tab back into games compared to before the update

Open the sound control panel and check the Recording tab if the microphone is enabled and set as the default device.
If the microphone is not displayed in the recording devices tab, check device manager to see if it is displayed there, and download the latest software & drivers for your device (if applicable).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Open the sound control panel and check the Recording tab if the microphone is enabled and set as the default device.
If the microphone is not displayed in the recording devices tab, check device manager to see if it is displayed there, and download the latest software & drivers for your device (if applicable).

I can not set it as defult 

image.png.b66b231a88fb5514c221d81cd11eeeab.png

21 minutes ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

can not set it as defult 

you cannot set it as default because it is already the default device.

Go into the right bottom corner of the screen and right click onto the volume icon then select open volume settings, be sure that the input device selected is your mic, then try the troubleshoot button (I doubt it will work but is worth giving a shot) if it doesn't work go into the device properties control if the mic is not muted in the Levels tab and on advanced press restore default, then apply, restart the pc and let us know if it worked

Just now, mymande said:

you cannot set it as default because it is already the default device.

Go into the right bottom corner of the screen and right click onto the volume icon then select open volume settings, be sure that the input device selected is your mic, then try the troubleshoot button (I doubt it will work but is worth giving a shot) if it doesn't work go into the device properties control if the mic is not muted in the Levels tab and on advanced press restore default, then apply, restart the pc and let us know if it worked

How would i get into the device properties and check if it is muted

48 minutes ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

Make sure that:

• And that "Desktop App Web Viewer" is Enabled (depending on how the app is made, this one might be needed). If you see "Discord" in the list, turn it on.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Make sure that:

So do i change that to on where it says " allow apps to access your microphone "

Just now, Intel HD Graphics said:

And that "Desktop App Web Viewer" is Enabled (depending on how the app is made, this one might be needed). If you see "Discord" in the list, turn it on

Where do i go to do this

1 minute ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

So do i change that to on where it says " allow apps to access your microphone "

It is up to you. Do you want to allow apps to access your microphone yes or no?

If no. Then, well, no apps will have access to you microphone.

1 minute ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

Where do i go to do this

Just now, GoodBytes said:

I can not find the " Desktop app viewer " 

7 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Make sure that:

Thanks this fixed my issue with my mic, Any idea why it takes alot longer to alt tab back into games after the windows 10 update ?

Just now, mymande said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8try to not run games in full screen but in borderless window

Before the windows update it was not an issue 

4 minutes ago, Intel HD Graphics said:

Before the windows update it was not an issue 

which resolution are you running your games?

sorry i meant the build

in the search bar search for system information, open the app and screenshot it

15 minutes ago, mymande said:

sorry i meant the build

in the search bar search for system information, open the app and screenshot it

image.png.eb372d7165422afba3c1911f7714e2cf.png