is the j7 2016 still a good phone?

i have had it for almost a year now, and i really love it, but is it still a good modern up to date phone?

Spoiler

Thanos didn't die

If it works for your needs, sure. I have Galaxy S5 bought 2015 when S6 was the new one. Changed battery and I'm thinking if I will reset it due some sluggishness. But otherwise I don't feel need to get new one. Only reason I switched to it from S2 was because that phone was draining battery and was generally unstable.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

well.. It depends who you ask, and what one expects.

My opinion: That was NEVER a modern phone. It wouldn't even be modern, if it launched a year earlier.

A low resolution 720p screen (even worse than that, because it's a Pen-Tile amoled, the "real" resolution would be compareble more to 540p~), only 16gb internal storage, only 2gb Ram, somewhat slow CPU for today's standards, old OS version.

Back when it launched, there were better speced phones for a lower Price. Like a Moto G4 back then. Similar specs overall, but at least a 1080p screen, that is a HELL LOT sharper. And back then, it did cost similar or slightly cheaper.

1 Year ago~, a Moto G5 (Plus) were a better buy. Or a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (4100 mAh battery, 1080p, 32gb storage, 3gb Ram, faster CPU) would've been a technical much better Phone, for a lower Price ^^

If you're happy with it, there is no point asking that question, as it will probably not make you happy (at least, my opinion won't for sure :P ). Just be happy

On 8/16/2018 at 7:02 PM, Darkseth said:

well.. It depends who you ask, and what one expects.

My opinion: That was NEVER a modern phone. It wouldn't even be modern, if it launched a year earlier.

A low resolution 720p screen (even worse than that, because it's a Pen-Tile amoled, the "real" resolution would be compareble more to 540p~), only 16gb internal storage, only 2gb Ram, somewhat slow CPU for today's standards, old OS version.

Back when it launched, there were better speced phones for a lower Price. Like a Moto G4 back then. Similar specs overall, but at least a 1080p screen, that is a HELL LOT sharper. And back then, it did cost similar or slightly cheaper.

1 Year ago~, a Moto G5 (Plus) were a better buy. Or a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (4100 mAh battery, 1080p, 32gb storage, 3gb Ram, faster CPU) would've been a technical much better Phone, for a lower Price ^^

If you're happy with it, there is no point asking that question, as it will probably not make you happy (at least, my opinion won't for sure :P ). Just be happy

is android 7.0 really that old?

Spoiler

Thanos didn't die

From today, it came out 2 years ago.We're at Android 9 now. (Android 8 came out 1 year ago, so, since over a year now it's no longer the "latest Android".

For a phone, you already have (and entry level), it's just fine tho.

It's just, i don't see a reason to get a J7 2016 TODAY anymore.

it's old, slow, very bad Display, and costs too much. Todays Modern smartphones in the entry and midrange, that cost similar, are faster, better Display, better camera, newer software etc etc.

If you want to rate how good a smartphone is, you don't just need to look at the Price + Specs inside, you also NEED to compare it to others. What do others offer for waht price?! Are others maybe 50 bucks cheaper, and every single spec is better?

Example: a Pixel 2 XL still costs 700-800€. That alone, stock android etc... great phone.

But what if you compare it with a 519€ Oneplus 6 (that's also faster), or a 430€ Xiaomi Mi 8?

A Galaxy S6 is still a good, decent phone, and solid allrounder for most. But i would not recommend anyone to buy a new one anymore, because it's 3 years old and won't get any updates anymore ^^