Safe Grounding method?

gabrielgames

If I assemble my motherboard's components on top of its box while touching an EDS bag that came with the GPU would that be a safe method of grounding myself to prevent damage to my components? 
thanks in advance!

No......the eds bag that comes with GPUs prevents static from inner side only.......I will suggest using the motherboard's box only.......also plug your PSU in wall without switching it on n keep touching it time to time, it prevents static

No. Bag being ESD only mean that it doesn't conduct nor gather static electricity. You still need to ground yourself as you are still both conducting and gathering static. Touch some metal which is connected to power outlet. For example PSU or lamp.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

⬆⬆ don't touch the power socket on the wall to ground yourself ._.

I mean you could, just make sure not to touch the power pins.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

I remember something or other about bitting a screwdriver, don't know if it works for sure 

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

9 hours ago, gabrielgames said:

If I assemble my motherboard's components on top of its box while touching an EDS bag that came with the GPU would that be a safe method of grounding myself to prevent damage to my components? 
thanks in advance!

For building your system, use the Motherboard box as a static free surface (In the example I actually used the PSU box since it was a small board, but the concept is the same)

20180707_154001.thumb.jpg.a35ff99b059c5ae9861e10fc580c6b2a.jpg

To easily ground yourself reliably, Plug your PSU into any wall outlet, turn the PSU on with the swithc on the back, and touch the metal grate vents on the back. This will use your wall outlet's ground pin to statically ground you. Alternatively you could touch any metal surface on your case, but I dont always use this as a Go-To, as you can see in my example photo, the entire outside of my PC case is plastic so I would have to take side panels off to get to the metal frame (easy to do, but the first method id even easier)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

As Jay says its not great practice but jaystwocents did  a video on  building a system on carpet and doing all sorts of no no's 

Only new to building myself and it was a bit of a eye opener.

Was worried building my pc's as my cat was constantly get inside the case and climbing over parts.

https://youtu.be/CDUZRNp4pxg