H100i Vs Custom loop

Go to solution Solved by helping,

A few degrees difference. Custom loops are done mostly for fun, they're only worth it if you're going to go all the way and throw your GPU in there too. It will definitely let you get that last mhz out of that CPU though if you're really pushing a chip to it's limits.

Also water cooling kits are terrible, don't buy one.

Hi, Just a quick question..

My current set-up has a h100i, which works moderately well, but I have been looking at some custom loop kits and was wondering if they are worth it and if I would any temperature improvements under load, compared to the h100i?

Looking at something similar to this.

Thank you fro your time.

A few degrees difference. Custom loops are done mostly for fun, they're only worth it if you're going to go all the way and throw your GPU in there too. It will definitely let you get that last mhz out of that CPU though if you're really pushing a chip to it's limits.

Also water cooling kits are terrible, don't buy one.

Error: 410

custom loop> everything

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

custom loop> everything

no Liquid helium>Liquid Nitrogen>Refrigeration>Custom Loop>AIO>Aircoolers>Stock cooler>no cooler>No cpu 

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

no Liquid helium>Liquid Nitrogen>Refrigeration>Custom Loop>AIO>Aircoolers>Stock cooler>no cooler>No cpu 

you realize that phase change is much more sustainable compared to liquid nitrogen and helium you can actually keep it going.

anyways back on top here, I'd only recommend a custom loop if you ever want to ugprade the loop. If you are just getting a 240mm rad, there's really no point unless you get a thick rad or a high FPI radiator with good fans. But if you just want to plug it in and just leave it without the intention of caring or maintaining it, H100i

I said the same thing but because potato and because nsa they changed my comment

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Phase-change. Sub-Zero.

I;m confuss

you forgot deep space at 2.7 kelvin

or quantum cooling which is at like 20 millikelvin or something like that almost absolute zero

Watercooling is not worth it. If you're looking for degrees per dollar, get an aio and be done with it. Watercooling takes patience, time, and some nail biting. It's mostly a hobby.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

Thanks everyone, I'm going to look at parts for a set up with my gpu+cpu