Is it worth it in 2018? maybe...

printf_cyber

Hey Guys!

So I watched tutorials on how to open an XBOX 360 S because It needed Thermal paste replacement - some basic repair, and I reached to a point where the shroud/casing had just one clip holding the side panel, and I just couldn't get it to open.

Now before continuing, I'd like to tell you that I bought the XBOX 360 S 4 months after release, so I still payed a good/full price (at least for that time). Now I think the XBOX might not work in 2018, like the Microsoft Store and stuff, but I want to know If games that I play from CD-BlueRay will connect to the Internet and like I can play online with my friends, I do have Windows 10 64-bit and an Xbox app, If that helps it with Internet connectivity. Also, I will be buying a PS4 Pro anyway, so.... But I really love the idea of having multiple machines, as I am a PC gamer mainly, and a Tech/PC enthusiast too, So I got a Gaming PC, a Home Server/Theater PC and a Daily Driver PC. And now, I think I want to have 2 consoles, I don't mind if it's just laying on the TV table/desk and has just about 10-15 games it can play - even OFFLINE. Just like it on the desk being secondary.

But still, I basically wanna know if the CD BlueRay games will work OFFLINE or ONLINE and If the Microsoft Store will work (probably not, still wanna confirm).

And I might end up giving it to my cousins, even though their dad is soo against TECH - and mostly thinks like a villager - kinda...

I might use it like my Home theater PC or in the WWOORRSSTT case scenario, I might end up taking out the heatsink and Fans, and say goodbye, which I really don't wanna do cause I have some memories that are Personal but just important to me.

Hoping for a positive response,

Basil

Store still work mate. 

I used the store the other day and purchased something, not that it gets updated much.

But I don't have any blu-ray discs as I mainly use my xbox for netflix and that is literally it.

Sorry I couldn't help you further.

Mac.

2 hours ago, mbasil22 said:

Now I think the XBOX might not work in 2018, like the Microsoft Store and stuff

No, that still works.

Online Multiplayer might not because the Servers were switched off.

Besides that there is no reason for it to not work...

As for media Player Stuff:
The 360 doesn't come with a BD Drive, so that is not possible. The PS3 had but well, its a PS3...

You can though play movies from a file h264 is supported, though only the AVI File Format, not Matroska Containers...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

So can I play games that I have right now like tekken and wwe or some forza  - on CD

6 hours ago, mbasil22 said:

So can I play games that I have right now like tekken and wwe or some forza  - on CD

Yes. You can also get some cool custom operating systems if you ever feel like going there. Lots of classic arcade games and things. No need to throw it away if you still want to use it. They also still have resale value so don't bin it if it's not broken 

That's an F in the profile pic

Though you can't use hacked XBox Consoles online, obviously...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"