help i just installed my 1080 and my second monitor wont work

i have a dual monitor setup and my monitors both worked fine before after i installed my new 1080 my second monitor isnt working i have a vga to hdmi converter so it should work

9 minutes ago, sideqcktv said:

i have a dual monitor setup and my monitors both worked fine before after i installed my new 1080 my second monitor isnt working i have a vga to hdmi converter so it should work

You need to provide more information about how you installed the new GPU and potentially your system info. to receive the best help.

Did you use "Display Driver Uninstaller" to remove old drivers and software related to your old card?

Did you download and install the newest GTX 1080 drivers from the Nvidia website? (after clearing old drivers)

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

In the Nvidia driver software there should be options for setting up multiple displays on the left hand side menus and how you would like them arranged etc. I am using an AMD card at the moment so I cannot exactly tell you how to navigate to that location.

Good luck.

Edit:

Does the monitor your using the VGA - HDMI adapter on need it?  Try using different cables?

6 minutes ago, Tz000 said:

You need to provide more information about how you installed the new GPU and potentially your system info. to receive the best help.

Did you use "Display Driver Uninstaller" to remove old drivers and software related to your old card?

Did you download and install the newest GTX 1080 drivers from the Nvidia website? (after clearing old drivers)

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

In the Nvidia driver software there should be options for setting up multiple displays on the left hand side menus and how you would like them arranged etc. I am using an AMD card at the moment so I cannot exactly tell you how to navigate to that location.

Good luck.

Edit:

Does the monitor your using the VGA - HDMI adapter on need it?  Try using different cables?

My gpus fans aren’t spinning and I installed it correctly I’m pretty sure

19 minutes ago, sideqcktv said:

a vga to hdmi converter

i'd take a wild guess towards this direction is everyting is working as expected on the primary display.

also, if you just got a 1080 and are still rocking a display that only has a vga input, throw that thing at your closest thrift store and buy something new.

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

also, if you just got a 1080 and are still rocking a display that only has a vga input, throw that thing at your closest thrift store and buy something new.

at least something with dvi. hdmi to vga can be acting weird because vga is analog. dvi and up are digital interfaces so converting one to another is easy. 

She/Her

29 minutes ago, sideqcktv said:

i have a dual monitor setup and my monitors both worked fine before after i installed my new 1080 my second monitor isnt working i have a vga to hdmi converter so it shoul

I had a similar problem try booting with only your main monter plugged in and the plug the other in 

On 8/13/2018 at 1:03 PM, sideqcktv said:

My gpus fans aren’t spinning and I installed it correctly I’m pretty sure

some gpus wont turn on the fans until a certain temperature..

Your GPU fans won't turn on until it is under load.

And I don't know about you but when I first shoved my GTX 1080 ti into my computer, none of my monitors worked except the first display port slot (which is normal).

After I did DDU (display driver uninstaller) and then installed drivers everything was fine and the rest of the monitors worked. <--- so make sure you do this