Do you celebrate your birthday?

PurplDrank
On 8/11/2018 at 9:27 PM, PurplDrank said:

I am a 26 year old college student. I've got exams, rent, bills and all that stuff to worry about on top of trying to get into my medical program (which requires an application on top of an entry level exam before you are even accepted)

Birthday celebrations become less and less relevant when you're in medical school especially with Histo

8 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

I don't like the attention. Just a small party with family or a few friends and some presents, but no going to facilities with 30+ people.

This. Pizza + fried chicken + beers + five closest friends = happiness imo

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, captain_to_fire said:

Beers for the adults. Soft drink for the kids. I am under 18 still.

hi.

20 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Birthday celebrations become less and less relevant when you're in medical school especially with Histo

Histology is easy, you'll be right if you have a few hours off for your birthday. 

7 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Histology is easy, you'll be right if you have a few hours off for your birthday. 

I prefer physio and biochem xD

My birthday is always the weekend right before final exams so not really.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

6 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

I prefer physio and biochem xD

I need the angry react for posts like these >:( 

41 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I need the angry react for posts like these >:( 

While physio is the heart of medicine, diagnosis (clinical chem, serology, ELISA, etc) and treatment (pharmacokinetics) is made possible because of biochem. 

While physio is the heart of medicine, biochem is the heart of diagnosis imo. ?

"Biochem" is a very interesting way to spell Pathology. ;) 

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

"Biochem" is a very interesting way to spell Pathology. ;) 

I’m pretty sure another way to spell Pathology is Histology. That’s why there’s a sub field of study called “histopathology”. 

I’m pretty sure another way to spell Pathology is Histology. That’s why there’s a sub field of study called “histopathology”. 

Pathology is just a really large and encompasses quite a bit. If you want to really see some exciting stuff Immunohistochemistry is even better. 

well its usually my friends that dont let me not celebrate it. i really dont care that much but it is fun beeing remembered and friends wanting me to have a good time. but usually its just like any other weekend they come around. we hang out maybe a couple of beers and some smoking for those who partake. sometimes i take the week off work for my birthday but thats about it.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

7 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Pathology is just a really large and encompasses quite a bit. If you want to really see some exciting stuff Immunohistochemistry is even better. 

And that’s the reason why I’m not planning to be a pathologist. I prefer internal medicine with a sub-specialization of Immunology 

I get presents and congratulations from family and friends, but i really don't throw a party celebrating it

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

10 hours ago, 2FA said:

My birthday is always the weekend right before final exams so not really.

You're not the only one then :P

What's worse.... My birthday is usually during final exams. So I'm not celebrating anything, my present is either good marks or nothing at all :S

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

On 8/11/2018 at 1:50 PM, Godlygamer23 said:

Because of my past with religion, I don't really celebrate holidays at all. Just not something I've gotten back into the groove of doing, but financially, it's pretty liberating.

What does religion have to do with birthdays?

Also to answer the question, I don't "celebrate" my birthday, I often forget it until the day of when a family member reminds me. that being said my friends and family always get something, even if it's small. And I do the same for them on theirs, because it's a nice reminder once a year that people appreciate you being there, that they are glad you were born. In a busy and downright depressing world, it's a nice pick me up. That being said, I "expect" nothing from anyone, and if someone forgets my bday, I don't judge them. I'm awful at forgetting those things. Also my bday is aug 7th (just turned 28) and so for most of my childhood, my bday was the start of the school year. One or two times the first day of school WAS my bday. fun times...

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

1 minute ago, Jtalk4456 said:

What does religion have to do with birthdays?

Some real ignorance right here.

I'm going to guess that the OP used to be Jehova's Witness, but that's just the most likely possibility.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I'll go out with the wife for a nice steak dinner.  She'll drive so I can enjoy some bourbon. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I don't bother to celebrate but usually have my mom show up at my door with a cake.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex 755, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3GHz, 4GB DDR2, Windows XP Professional, Office 2003 Pro

I don't really celebrate it.

My parents did in my first birthday.

Then my family did when I reached 24th.

And my wife celebrated my 25th that's all.

I'm kinda surprised by how many say that they don't celebrate it because they don't like the attention.

I think celebrating a birthday doesn't need to be a huge 20+ person party in a bar, I mean, it can just be you buying a bottle of wine for yourself or whatever. It's still celebrating. Right?

Well anyways, I do celebrate my birthday and I still do receive gifts, although they're usually just something small like a deodorant or something. I like doing something special when I am a year older. I have a reason to do something, like go out and eat with friends or go see a movie. I think it's refreshing

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

I usually celebrate it by myself, go for a ride or vacation if time allow, or treat myself with some good food. 

Sometime parents will give me present/s but that is all. None of my friends remember my birthday, one that usually do remember passed away 2 years ago. I never remind them anyway. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |