Can i have case fans at 80-100% all the time?

Raging-Storm

Corsair spec one case.  It came with some corsair fans that are clear and soft plastic material.    My cpu was running hot at 70-80C while gaming.  Someone told me I7s can go up to 100c before damage would be done.   Turning up my fans too 100% reduced it 63c is this ok?  should i stop being cheap and lazy and buy a cpu cooler?  My only concern is that my ram slots are super close to my cpu =/

10 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

What?

Does your computer not have a CPU cooler to begin with?

it has a stock one.

yeah go ahead, the worst that could happen is that you become crazy over time time from the amount of noise.

If a fan breaks you can usually get another cheapo one for like 10-15$ anyways. and that's ''if'' it breaks.

and yes, you should definetely get some proper cooler for you cpu.

Yes, that's fine. Fans are designed to run at 100% rpm. The ram being close to the cooler just means better cooling for the ram.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, Raging-Storm said:

it has a stock one.

If its older build, you might want to re-apply thermal paste. Stock paste isn't that good anyway. Also, if you are doing heavy tasks with that i7, I recommend getting budget aftermarket cooler for it. Stock just isn't quite enough.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv