Carbide SPEC-06 RGB

Blindeagle

Hi guys a couple of days ago i was wondering what case to get and some great people helped me out and i came down to the decision to get the NZXT H700 (non i) however I've just seen a new case called "Carbide SPEC-06 RGB " and i was wondering if anyone has had any experience building in it and if you would recommend it. To me the case looks beautiful and thats why i wanted to double check. Thanks x 

My parts : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7Jc6q4

I actually looked into this case for a friend. First things that came to mind is "compact mid-tower budget RGB" case is how they are marketing this. First they aren't focusing on airflow, but looks; TG, RGB, side mounted gpu.. Also the side mounted brackets will trap heat below the gpu and give you a bump in 2-3 degrees by not removing the brackets.

Not a recommended case. Stick with the H700 and be happy.

Best & worst cases for your money in 2018 are:

Best Cases overall

I) Fractal Design Meshify C - Airflow and relatively quiet, best all around case

I) Phanteks Enthoo Pro M / Special Edition (white interior) - Airflow & full water cooling support

I) Fractal Define R6 - Silent with decent airflow

I) Be Quiet! DB 900 (Full Tower) - Airflow and silent 

I) Fractal Design Meshify C mini (mATX)

I) Corsair 400C - Only use with low end components, no 1080 / TI

I) Phanteks 350X - Only use with low end components, no 1080 / TI

I) Fractal Design Focus G

Cases that may be worth your money

I) Thermaltake G21 - GPU and CPU cooling issues, modest tweaking
I) Silverstone RL06 / Pro - Mustard/Ketchup wires, Shitty cable management, Poor front radiator support, useless psu filter, stupid ssd layout
I) In Win 303

I) Coolermaster H500 no suffix - if 200mm fans are your thing

I) NZXT H700 non "i" version - Needs to come down in price to be worth it

I) Corsair Carbide 100R - Suitable for low end builds

The worst cases - Do Not Buy

I) NZXT S340/Elite, H500, H440 (everything except the H700) Reason: Poor airflow
I) Coolermaster Masterbox 5

Majority of cases on the market

11 minutes ago, Gedgn said:

I actually looked into this case for a friend. First things that came to mind is "compact mid-tower budget RGB" case is how they are marketing this. First they aren't focusing on airflow, but looks; TG, RGB, side mounted gpu.. Also the side mounted brackets will trap heat below the gpu and give you a bump in 2-3 degrees by not removing the brackets.

Not a recommended case. Stick with the H700 and be happy.

haha ok :) was really hard to find reviews on temperatures 

28 minutes ago, Blindeagle said:

Hi guys a couple of days ago i was wondering what case to get and some great people helped me out and i came down to the decision to get the NZXT H700 (non i) however I've just seen a new case called "Carbide SPEC-06 RGB " and i was wondering if anyone has had any experience building in it and if you would recommend it. To me the case looks beautiful and thats why i wanted to double check. Thanks x 

My parts : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7Jc6q4

Carbide SPEC-06 is a bad case by all means. Stick with what you have

Sharkoon tg5 xD just look this XDD fml 75 euros , 4 fans, tempered glass front and side, and with 167 cpu heatsink clearance (can fit biggest noctua there) XDD 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

14 minutes ago, GuneyWRO said:

Carbide SPEC-06 is a bad case by all means. Stick with what you have

The only other case that I'm consdering apart from the 700 is the Define R6 but i prefer the looks of the 700 over it