Good Modem & Router Combination?

Hello,

I have been looking for a new modem and router for my new residence. I am getting Xfinity 150 mbps download. I was thinking of purchasing the NETGEAR CM600 (24x8) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and the NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router. Are these products going to work well together? Is there going to be any substantial bottleneck anywhere? Will these products last fairly long? I do a lot of gaming on PC and will have people playing on Wifi, will these suffice? Will these be okay as far as ping and latency are concerned (yes, I know it has more to do with the connection rather than the products for ping)?

Thanks for your help

9 hours ago, LaserBoss said:

Hello,

I have been looking for a new modem and router for my new residence. I am getting Xfinity 150 mbps download. I was thinking of purchasing the NETGEAR CM600 (24x8) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and the NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router. Are these products going to work well together? Is there going to be any substantial bottleneck anywhere? Will these products last fairly long? I do a lot of gaming on PC and will have people playing on Wifi, will these suffice? Will these be okay as far as ping and latency are concerned (yes, I know it has more to do with the connection rather than the products for ping)?

Thanks for your help

I have Xfinity and that speed tier. The CM600 is a highly suggested modem along with the SB6183. Router wise I dont have experience  with Netgear though I have heard they are solid. 

As far as lasting a long time. Im using a 5 year old SB6141 for my modem. The only reason I will need to replace it, is if Xfinity upgrades our internet speeds for free again. As my modem will only do 200 Mbps on their network. My last router lasted about 5 years. Really as far as modems go, you need to decide on what max speed you want the modem to support. Thats really what it comes down to. For example if you feel you might get Gigabit in the future then you need to invest in a Docsis 3.1 modem. Though if you feel that 150 Mbps is going to be the best you ever need then you can go with the modem you suggested. As a 24x8 modem should be able to do most of the current middle tier speeds.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.