Screen Tearing in Rainbow 6 Siege after Hardware Change?

After a massive hardware change (Motherboard, CPU, RAM) I am now getting screen tearing in Rainbow 6 Siege. This didn't happen at all before the change. I can easily run the game with an i7 and a GTX 1080, I am getting a constant 144FPS on my 144hz monitor, but even if I turn VSYNC on, I still get screen tearing. I have updated all my drivers. I don't know where this issue is coming from.

Did you set the monitor refresh rate? It defaults back to 60 after any driver changes

Just now, tp95112 said:

Did you set the monitor refresh rate? It defaults back to 60 after any driver changes

Yes

1 minute ago, SpaceBoxing said:

Yes

DId you use DDU to install drivers? What windows are you on?

Just now, tp95112 said:

DId you use DDU to install drivers? What windows are you on?

I installed drivers with the installation disk that came with my motherboard, and through Nvidia Geforce Experience. I am on Windows 10

Just now, SpaceBoxing said:

I installed drivers with the installation disk that came with my motherboard, and through Nvidia Geforce Experience. I am on Windows 10

Uninstall the drivers with DDU, download the latest driver from Nvidia's site and install the driver

18 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Uninstall the drivers with DDU, download the latest driver from Nvidia's site and install the driver

Woah that fixed it! Why did uninstalling with DDU and then reinstalling fix it, aside from just letting Nvidia auto-download with their client?

Just now, SpaceBoxing said:

Woah that fixed it! Why did uninstalling with DDU and then reinstalling fix it, aside from just letting Nvidia auto-download with their client?

No idea, probably downloaded bad drivers or something

On 8/8/2018 at 1:35 AM, SpaceBoxing said:

Sometimes the drivers that come with the disk are buggy/out of date. Other times I hear it’s a conflict of drivers as they both might try to run at the same time. Not sure about the second thing, I forget if that’s what EVGA said or not. 

• 2 weeks later...

Always install latest driver from official website instead of outdated disk driver.