Nearby friends on Snapchat

Perfect feature for a pedophile located near a school.

There are real privacy reason against this.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Will no! because you have to actually open it up manually on both phones and be right next to each other for it to work.

I don't, if I'm being honest.

While it might be fun to play around with with friends, I think it's massively impairing one's privacy, as that's a way of knowing where you are for snapchat(not wanting to imply they are bad people).

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

5 minutes ago, aeadespeacock said:

Will no! because you have to actually open it up manually on both phones and be right next to each other for it to work.

If you're right next to each other, simply scanning their snapcode will do the job. Heck just asking them for their name and searching for it manually also works.

Nearby Friends wasn't just for "right next to each other", it used your location, meaning anyone in a relatively large radius, up and down, that happened to have the app open could see it.

It really wouldn't be hard to set up a device near a school, have the app always open and just "wait". Which wouldn't surprise me if this is exactly what had happened and led to them discontinuing the feature.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Or more like discontinued it via that stuipd update they made a few months back. You know the one everyone hated?

I barely even use Snapchat anymore. There’s just no reason to.

Not really, it's just more convenient for me just to ask for their usernames.

I've switched to Instagram, but when I used Snapchat I just didn't get the idea of adding nearby friends if you could add usernames (or snapcode).

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

18 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Perfect feature for a pedophile located near a school.

There are real privacy reason against this.

I never actually thought of this! 

I’m glad someone made note and removed it. 

Its quick to just snap a picture of the friends code. Takes less than a second, so that’s a good alternative OP.