Processor: 15-6400

GPU: Gigabyte 1050ti

RAM: 16gb Ballitstics sports DDR4 

Power supply: vs550

and i upgrade the following

Motherboard: Asus prime b250M-a

GPU: PAlit Geforce GTX 1070ti

Powersupply: seasonic 620W

so far i was able to play AC: Origins at ultra high 1080 around 70 to 80 fps average, and below are other scores i got during benchmarks. some people say my score specially in unigine benchmark heaven and valley. so not sure if my cpu is bottleneck in some of this benchmarks. because of that i was planning to upgrade my CPU from i5-6400 to i7-8600k, but is it a decent upgrade? i'm not sure if there is such a thing called motherboard bottleneck? cause i know my board can't support overclocking so i'm not sure if my board is holding back my cpu and gpu or something?

Thanks in advance guys. appreciate all the help. cheers!

Image may contain: 1 person

No automatic alt text available.

image.png.5dd0c15151e165acc74592b987aeea54.png

Asides from oc'ing, the motherboard doesn't affect performance. The graphics card can still be oc'ed.

Your system is fine and you don't need to upgrade unless you're not satisfied with the performance.

The term bottlenecking has different meanings depending on who you ask. I prefer to use it to describe when components are drastically mismatched. Some use the term to describe whenever a component is holding back performance. In that case, there's always a bottleneck no matter how small nor insignificant. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

37 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Asides from oc'ing, the motherboard doesn't affect performance. The graphics card can still be oc'ed.

Your system is fine and you don't need to upgrade unless you're not satisfied with the performance.

The term bottlenecking has different meanings depending on who you ask. I prefer to use it to describe when components are drastically mismatched. Some use the term to describe whenever a component is holding back performance. In that case, there's always a bottleneck no matter how small nor insignificant. 

i see. Thank you for the response. but if i upgrade my cpu to i7-8600 will it improve or the difference is not that far?

Just now, FrancisCebu said:

i see. Thank you for the response. but if i upgrade my cpu to i7-8600 will it improve or the difference is not that far?

The difference varies depending on what you're using the system for. For gaming, you're better off putting the money towards future upgrades when you're no longer satisfied with your system's performance.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hey 

if i want to upgrade my graphics card from a 1050ti Asus ROG Strix to a 1070ti founders edition will my Rysen 5 1600 or Asus ROG Strix b350 Gaming motherboard bottleneck my card