Gigabyte g1 gtx 980

Mejne

Hello, i came here to ask you guys, why my gpu's gigabyte g1 980 4gb gddr5 in sli shows worse result than only one card? my pc is - cpu  i7 8700k , 16gb ddr4 rams, m'board - gigabyte aorus ultra gaming, psu - 850w. It's not enough power? Can it be?

2 minutes ago, Mejne said:

Hello, i came here to ask you guys, why my gpu's gigabyte g1 980 4gb gddr5 in sli shows worse result than only one card? my pc is - cpu  i7 8700k , 16gb ddr4 rams, m'board - gigabyte aorus ultra gaming, psu - 850w. It's not enough power? Can it be?

It depends on what you're running.

And it helps to make sure it's enable too.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

We would need more information, what are the results for?

Gaming?

What Games?

Video Production?

What Applications?

Some games / applications aren't optimized for SLI, which is why you're seeing this result, is the best answer anyone can give you with the information you provided.

AsRock X99 Taichi MB // Intel Core i7-6800k Overclocked @ 4.0GHZ // Noctua NH-U14S Cooler // Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 // EVGA GeForce 980Ti SC+ // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD // 2TB WD Gold HDD // Corsair RM850 PSU // Corsair Obsidian Series 750D // Asus VG248QE 144Hz

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 // Intel Core i5-3570k Overclocked @ 4.2GHZ // Noctua NH-L9x65 Cooler // Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 // EVGA GeForce 960 // 250 GB WD Blue HDD // EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 80+ GOLD // Corsair Carbide Series 100R

first have you checked the thread for SLI to see if they have the answer already? 

next SLI and crossfire are dieing out as far as support goes because there is no point to it any more past benchmarking and rendering large files (if supported). 

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

It depends on what you're running.

And it helps to make sure it's enable too.

in this case i was tried a game - Rise of tomb raider. in one card was - in 1080p about 57-59fps, in 1440p was about 40fps and in a 2160p was 27-29. In sli mode a fps drops down about 7-10fps in 1080p and 1440p, but in the 2160p was almost the same, so i cant understand this

With a quick google search, I've found that Rise of the Tomb Raider actually likes 1 video card rather than SLI ...

however, google Rise of the Tomb Raider SLI

Will give you some results that might help you, but may not since it doesnt like SLI, at least for resolutions under 1440p.

AsRock X99 Taichi MB // Intel Core i7-6800k Overclocked @ 4.0GHZ // Noctua NH-U14S Cooler // Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 // EVGA GeForce 980Ti SC+ // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD // 2TB WD Gold HDD // Corsair RM850 PSU // Corsair Obsidian Series 750D // Asus VG248QE 144Hz

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 // Intel Core i5-3570k Overclocked @ 4.2GHZ // Noctua NH-L9x65 Cooler // Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 // EVGA GeForce 960 // 250 GB WD Blue HDD // EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 80+ GOLD // Corsair Carbide Series 100R

2 minutes ago, Mejne said:

in this case i was tried a game - Rise of tomb raider. in one card was - in 1080p about 57-59fps, in 1440p was about 40fps and in a 2160p was 27-29. In sli mode a fps drops down about 7-10fps in 1080p and 1440p, but in the 2160p was almost the same, so i cant understand this

It would help if that game supported SLi to begin with.

Try this fix (you will need nvidia inspector): https://www.dsogaming.com/news/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-sli-fix-found-offering-95-sli-scaling-on-two-nvidia-gpus/

And of course, run it in DX11 mode.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

and also i was tried Superposition benchmarks, and that shows that 2 gpus working worse than one

Have you imported the custom SLI profile?

It seems to me that you thought "hey, it'll be cool and just work" , SLI has never been perfectly functional.

SLI is something that many coders haven't specifically coded for as it's always been a niche subject.

The concept has always been good, but when people code games / programs it's not something they spend a whole lot of time on as it's a much smaller part of the population that ever actually used it.