After Burner

Hello!

At the moment my GTX 680 lightning is the loudest part of my pc when idling, and afterburner only allows me to turn the fans down to 30% even though the temps are <30*C.

Does anyone know if there is a way to lower it even further (except from water cooling it xD)?

Hope someone might have some tips, tricks and experience they are willing to share :D

post-485-0-42772100-1388457746_thumb.jpg

System specs

CM Storm Stryker

Corsair AX760i

MSI MPower z77

MSI GTX 680 lightning

Intel i7 3770k

Corsair H100i w/Noctua NF-F12's

Avexir Core series MPower edition 32gb

ASUS Xonar DGX

Samsung 840 pro 256gb

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

Bitfenix white sleeved cables (yep, even the front panel audio)

Silverstone Air penetrator 120mm

With Windows 8, 64bit

Can you use a different software program? (GPU tweak?)

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

You can't go lower than 26%. All the OC utilities are the same but with different layouts and skins.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Hello!

At the moment my GTX 680 lightning is the loudest part of my pc when idling, and afterburner only allows me to turn the fans down to 30% even though the temps are <30*C.

Does anyone know if there is a way to lower it even further (except from water cooling it xD)?

Hope someone might have some tips, tricks and experience they are willing to share :D

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

System specs

CM Storm Stryker

Corsair AX760i

MSI MPower z77

MSI GTX 680 lightning

Intel i7 3770k

Corsair H100i w/Noctua NF-F12's

Avexir Core series MPower edition 32gb

ASUS Xonar DGX

Samsung 840 pro 256gb

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

Bitfenix white sleeved cables (yep, even the front panel audio)

Silverstone Air penetrator 120mm

With Windows 8, 64bit

I use EVGA precision and is allow the fan to go below 30%

Scrap that sorry. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

EVGA persisin x is letting my gpu go down to 26% which is 4% lower. Not a huge difference, but at least it`s something

I use EVGA precision and is allow the fan to go below 30%

Thanks! I'll try it out as soon as possible.

It works even though it's not an EVGA card?

Sorry, read my edited post. 

It allows me to set my fan curve to below 30%  but doesn't actually go below the set percentage. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

i use EVGA persision x on my MSI reference 780

Sorry, read my edited post. 

It allows me to set my fan curve to below 30%  but doesn't actually go below the set percentage.

Aww, that's a shame :P

I think fan graphs let you do that

Got a link? Google is not helping me xD

The difference between 26% and 30% is negligible anyway. I don't think you realize how little a difference it would make.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

The difference between 26% and 30% is negligible anyway.

But it's something, right ;P

But it's something, right ;P

An inaudible difference. 

30% shouldn't be that loud O.o Unless you want complete and utter silence, my 680 DCUII is whisper quiet at idle.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Aww, that's a shame :P

Nice memory though.

30% shouldn't be that loud O.o Unless you want complete and utter silence, my 680 DCUII is whisper quiet at idle.

My reference 780s sit at 30% on idle and they're whisper quiet.

30% shouldn't be that loud O.o Unless you want complete and utter silence, my 680 DCUII is whisper quiet at idle

my pc is making too much sound while idle, not bcus of cpu or gpu fans but because of horrible shity fans that came with my CM stryker

Nice memory though.

Thanks! Your system doesn't look bad either :)

But it's a shame they're yellow, since I originally ordered blue xD (ordered from Germany, so I couldn't just return them ;P)

my pc is making too much sound while idle, not bcus of cpu or gpu fans but because of horrible shity fans that came with my CM stryker

True, they are bad indeed, but I use whisper quiet Air Penetrators instead

Off topic what's up with the 3rd RAM stick?

I love avexir's RAM, sounds childish but basically a rave inside your case.

Are you sure it's the graphics card that's loud and not the H100i's fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

They are pulsing/breathing, and it rarely have all of the sticks lit up at the same time :)

Are you sure it's the graphics card that's loud and not the H100i's fans?

I use Noctuas at the lowest I can get them, and if I stop the Noctuas completely there is no difference at all ;)

Shot this video for another purpose, but it shows the Avexirs quite good (except the colours are a bit of)

http://youtu.be/EJVKoCmQ3ZU