Air cooler clearance (Noctua NH-D15)

Winxieboo

Hey, about to order NH-D15 the beast after i have read all the reviews for water cooling and it got me a bit scared.

Question is, will it actually fit in S340 Elite case? Same goes for NH-D15S. 

I have asus strix z370-e motherboard paired with 8700K and Corsair vengeance LPX, 2 ram modules.

Thanks for answering

The NH-D15 is 160mm tall with fans, the case has 161mm clearance for the CPU cooler. It'll fit just barely. Though even if it did, you would be able to shift the fans down a little for some extra room to work with.

Usually compatibility with the RAM and motherboard is the thing to watch out for, but Vengeance LPX is perfect in that regard.

5 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

The NH-D15 is 160mm tall with fans, the case has 161mm clearance for the CPU cooler. It'll fit just barely. Though even if it did, you would be able to shift the fans down a little for some extra room to work with.

Usually compatibility with the RAM and motherboard is the thing to watch out for, but Vengeance LPX is perfect in that regard.

Im reading that its hard to fit the NH-D15 with both fans, is this correct? Because if not then id rather take the NH-D15S

looks like a lot have the d15 mounted:

Image result for S340 Elite NH-D15

high/tall RAM issue will not allow the side panel to close:

Image result for S340 Elite NH-D15

I have the S version of the cooler and it fits, but only barely. If you get the regular version with two fans then you need to seat the fans down a little bit. It can definitely be done. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

it fits, but only barely

That's what she said

/s

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

20 hours ago, Sakkura said:

The NH-D15 is 160mm tall with fans

False, the NH-D15 is 160mm without fans. It is 165mm tall with fans, especially the front one. You can slide the middle one down 5mm to get it to fir though.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608045

image.png.c8a3ea8fac74836fba28b45a00097d97.png

detailed view and application

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

46 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

False, the NH-D15 is 160mm without fans. It is 165mm tall with fans, especially the front one. You can slide the middle one down 5mm to get it to fir though.

I meant without fans, sorry.