What To Do With My GTX 1070?

KSP
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Mining vale of GPUs is not so much about the market, but about the increasing difficulty of GPU mining. Sell the card. You will not make money mining now.

Hey guys,

So a couple of weeks ago a guy sold me his EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2, which he thought was broken, for $25. I managed to fix it (it was just a driver issue lol) but I don’t exactly know what to do with the card now. I already have a PC with a 1080Ti, so I can’t put this GPU in it. I’ve thought about selling it for around $300-375, or building a mining PC and using it. Right now, selling it seems like the better option since the crypto currency market looks down and using the 1070 would give me about $1 a day, but I feel like in a few months or so the market may go up and mining might be a more viable option. What do you guys think? Sell the GPU, or keep it and mine?

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

Mining vale of GPUs is not so much about the market, but about the increasing difficulty of GPU mining. Sell the card. You will not make money mining now.

Sell it it is. Thanks guys. Oh, and if someone’s looking for a lightly used EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 in the US, message me :) .

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

21 minutes ago, KSP said:

Sell it it is. Thanks guys. Oh, and if someone’s looking for a lightly used EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 in the US, message me :) .

Posted on Ebay :)