What is causing this strange issue?

I've had my PC for over a year now (specs below) and within the last few weeks, this problem has gotten worse and worse.

Whenever I quit a game, and sometimes just for no reason at all, my screen flickers on and off every second or so, and I can't do anything on my computer, my keyboard lights also reset to where they were a few seconds ago, forcing me to hard reset it.

I ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and my CPU passed, and here's what I've done so far to try and help it, but nothing works.

• Updated GPU drivers
  • Uninstalled and Reinstalled GPU Drivers
  • Unplugged and replugged 24 Pin ATX and GPU cable
  • Unplugged and replugged monitor connections and the monitor itself
  • Factory Reset Windows 10

Also Things I have done recently to my computer

• Upgraded mass storage hard drive (not windows drive)

• Tried out hardware acceleration in Adobe Software by enabling multi monitor, but turned it off shortly afterwards

• Added a 500 GB Hard drive

I have no idea how to fix it, but am pretty certain its a CPU/motherboard/RAM issue, and I need some help.

PC Specs

i5-7500 

ASRock B250M Pro4

RX 480 8GB

16GB DDR4 RAM

If you did a soft windows clean reinstall try to check if every component of your rig sits properly in their places. 

This means taking in and out the GPU and other parts that could be causing an interference. Sounds silly but it could be that.

23 minutes ago, emosun said:

what power supply

Be Quiet System Power 8 500W

when you unplugged the monitor , did you try unplugging it while the error was occurring? 

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

when you unplugged the monitor , did you try unplugging it while the error was occurring? 

Yep, it did nothing, screen continued to flicker and keyboard lights were doing the same thing

when this happens is the machine frozen or is the display just turning on and off?

7 hours ago, emosun said:

when this happens is the machine frozen or is the display just turning on and off?

The machine isn't frozen, I can still move the mouse and type while the screen is on, but that's only for about half a second at a time, I can't do anything while the screen flickers as the mouse and keyboard keep resetting.

Hdmi cable conects and disconnects it couses freezes it trys instaling new device when it connects and then uninstaling when disconects. I think hdmi loose connection or cable inside. Try difrent cable first. 

2 hours ago, Wafflemonster said:

Hdmi cable conects and disconnects it couses freezes it trys instaling new device when it connects and then uninstaling when disconects. I think hdmi loose connection or cable inside. Try difrent cable first. 

I have a DisplayPort cable, could this still be a cause with the display port?

14 hours ago, Willbatross said:

I have a DisplayPort cable, could this still be a cause with the display port?

Uhh. I don't know that never had anything conected through DisplayPort. What i thought it was Hdmi cable that was loosin contact on one or more pins i had this and it took me a while to actually locate this. It was a cable after moving hous sometimes it was hapening exactly like yours. After trying difrent cable it never happened again.