PC Crashes sometimes for no real(?) reason

MaxPlaysGames

Hey, so my PC lately crashed twice, both of the time when i hit my table, not hard, just like a little slap, like you'd high five someone, out of frustration. And it froze it and i had to shut it down, there havent been any problems otherwise with it, it also froze once for no reason at all, i didnt do anything neither hitting anything nor doing anything else than playing a game. Completly frozen, had to restart. And i had it like 2-4 times where it just froze the desktop and i could still log out and log in and it was gone. 

My theorys are 1) some connections arent 100% in and on light shaking off the table the cable loses connection, 2) the ram may not be 100% in, because sometimes it starts with 16 instead of 32 gb. 

I did however press the ram sticks in a bit but not sure if that was enough force. 

I know l know that sounds like a stupid reason, but it kinda worries me, i mean it shouldnt just freeze just because i lightly hit the table. 

Edit: Yes my GPU and Motherboard drivers are all up to date. Before i forget this 

Just now, Slottr said:

Just reseat everything

You mean unplug and replug everything? 

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Yep

Okay, ill do that, if my PSU is still plugged in and turned on, do i need to wear a anti static wristband? Dont want to shock it.

Just now, MaxPlaysGames said:

Okay, ill do that, if my PSU is still plugged in and turned on, do i need to wear a anti static wristband? Dont want to shock it.

Why would you keep it turned on and plugged in? You're just asking for problems that way

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

One thing that comes to mind is static electricity: sure, try unplugging and replugging everything, but if that doesn't work, you could see about removing any carpet you might have under the desk, moving the computer and monitor further away from yourself, possibly changing your chair -- static electricity can cause these kinds of seemingly-random issues that happen, when you move, like e.g. Dave Jones recently showed in his video, where simply standing up  from his chair would cause his monitor to reboot.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, Slottr said:

Why would you keep it turned on and plugged in? You're just asking for problems that way

And just plugged in? Im just asking because i heard that if its plugged in you can avoid the electro static discharge or did i hear that wrong?

1 minute ago, MaxPlaysGames said:

And just plugged in? Im just asking because i heard that if its plugged in you can avoid the electro static discharge or did i hear that wrong?

Just touch your case every once in a while, even if - its fairly difficult to kill a part without directly meaning to

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

Just touch your case every once in a while, even if - its fairly difficult to kill a part without directly meaning to

I do have a anti static wristband, dont need to buy it, just asking if i should use it for safety.

2 minutes ago, MaxPlaysGames said:

I do have a anti static wristband, dont need to buy it, just asking if i should use it for safety.

imo its a waste of time, but if it makes you feel safer doing so, by all means. Better safe than sorry