Windows Uses All Of My Bandwidth

mojobojo

So 2 reinstallations of Windows in a few days. First one was Windows 10, candy crush (and many other lovely phone apps) kept magically appearing on my computer. I said "screw it I have a copy of windows server they wont do that there". However, what does Windows 10 and Windows server 2016 have in common?

This

1wicKYb.png

Now I live in a place where I cant get good internet. That is ALL of my available internet bandwidth. While Windows does this, I cant use discord, play any online games, or load a webpage. I keep a very strict watch on internet usage, I block a lot of things in windows firewall (like NVIDIAs telemetry) to keep things as smooth as possible. I am out of ideas, I tried oosu and the likes, if this PC wasn't for gaming I would be on a linux based OS 100%. My internet cant handle the background chattering windows does with whatever.

Good News: I haven't seen any candy crush or those other apps since moving to windows server!

a

26 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Set your connection to "metered".

I doubt you can even do this on server though.

You can do it on windows server but only through a registry key edit. I went ahead and found the key and changed it. Will report back a bit later if that was the solution.

a