Stunning Color of IPS or Deep Blacks of VA?

drkknghtavngr

IPS because of faster response time.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

7 hours ago, J.b091 said:

I would try Samsung's qled monitor. As they colors are amazing with HDR support, plus freesync... Check this review out

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/samsung-chg70

more info about it on their official website.

im mad cuz it's not available near me and I cant order cuz i need it like now or tomorrow kill me

1 hour ago, drkknghtavngr said:

QLED + VA is basically OLED right? :o

No, it's just an LCD with a wide-gamut backlight. It still doesn't match the contrast of OLED, and doesn't solve the other inherent flaws of LCD technology such as slow response time.

2 hours ago, Glenwing said:

No, it's just an LCD with a wide-gamut backlight. It still doesn't match the contrast of OLED, and doesn't solve the other inherent flaws of LCD technology such as slow response time.

Sheeeiiiiii

13 hours ago, Glenwing said:

That particular monitor has Response time: 1ms & plus doesn't have burn-in problem unlike oled. I think from current panels it's best choice in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, J.b091 said:

That particular monitor has Response time: 1ms & plus doesn't have burn-in problem unlike oled. I think from current panels it's best choice in my opinion.

VA panels have response times that reach into the 30+ ms range, the "1 ms" is a fake number, they put it because they have backlight strobing which can reduce perceived motion blur, and they say that gives it an "effective" response time of 1 ms.

Here are measurements of the actual panel response time:

ekiTDRe.png

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/samsung_c32hg70.htm#response

13 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

VA panels have response times that reach into the 30+ ms range, the "1 ms" is a fake number, they put it because they have backlight strobing which can reduce perceived motion blur, and they say that gives it an "effective" response time of 1 ms.

ekiTDRe.png

Didn't know that. Thx for info, though I still think it will be best choice, because currently I have standard IPS monitor with 60refresh rate and with response Time: 14ms & I play games normally without any problems. So I don't think it would be big issue even if it's not true 1ms, however gives you much better colors and without burn-in issue.

16 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

But also doesn't burn in as easily as OLED.

OLED doesnt burn 'easily' period.

Takes a years worth of playing the same game (like COD WW2) 4 hours a day every day, and displaying nothing else, for burn in to even faintly start to show.

On 02/08/2018 at 8:01 AM, drkknghtavngr said:

Which would you pick for gaming/media?

For LCD, the lesser of the 3 evils is VA. Its the mid ground with the benefit of having darker greys (i say grey beocuse LCD cant produce black unless it has a very high density FALD array)

That said, check reviews that test pixel response for any VA your thinkg of getting. Check the amoutn of ghosting reported as that is one of ht drawback of VA.

All in all, no matter your choice andn o matetrh ow much you spend on a LCD, your going to have to suffer from some display defects. Be it backlight bleed, IPS glow, poor viewing angles, poor color reporduction, poor contrast, poor pixel respose etc , all LCD's have a collection of these depending on the panel type. Its what makes LCD such a terrible display technology.

20 hours ago, drkknghtavngr said:

QLED + VA is basically OLED right? :o

QLED and OLED are 2 totaly different display technology. OLED is self emisive, meaning it can produce true blacks as each pixel produces its own light without the need for a backlight like LCD's use. OELD also have far superior pixel response times and viewing angles. Also..... ill stop myself here. basicaly OLED is superior in every way to LCD with the one exception being it has the possibility to burn in akin to Plasma and CRT (both of which are also better than LCD). So long as you treat an OLED right however, you wont suffer form burn in. See rtings burn in test to see how much torture you would have to inflict to get burn-in.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

QLED is a marketing term (it is not true quantom Dot technology) for LCD's with a wider color gamut, and higher peak brightness, it allows for higher peak brightness which in turn increases the contrast ratio making the darker regions on the screen look darker. BUT it still uses a backlight, so cant produce black. The price for QLED screens is roughly around the same as OLED, so any1 who knows better should always go for an OLED.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

46 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

OLED doesnt burn 'easily' period.

Takes a years worth of playing the same game (like COD WW2) 4 hours a day every day, and displaying nothing else, for burn in to even faintly start to show.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/lg-embarrasses-with-oled-burn-in-at-tradeshow/

That was after only 50-60 hrs of use on otherwise new tv's. There are plenty of articles that warn to the increase in burn in risk on Oleds. They are much more prone to burn in than a LCD that is a FACT. A lot of phones are using Oleds and they also suffer from burn in. So while technology (mostly tv software) has gotten better at reducing the chance of it happening... it still does and is still a problem.

4 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

That was after only 50-60 hrs of use on otherwise new tv's. There are plenty of articles that warn to the increase in burn in risk on Oleds. They are much more prove to burn in than a LCD that is a FACT. A lot of phones are using Oleds and they also suffer from burn in. So while technology (mostly tv software) has gotten better at reducing the chance of it happening... it still does and is still a problem.

Do you not see the issue with the circumstances in the case you linked ?

Have you seen this :

Anyway i stick by what i said. Good day :)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

9 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

That was after only 50-60 hrs of use on otherwise new tv's. There are plenty of articles that warn to the increase in burn in risk on Oleds. They are much more prone to burn in than a LCD that is a FACT. A lot of phones are using Oleds and they also suffer from burn in. So while technology (mostly tv software) has gotten better at reducing the chance of it happening... it still does and is still a problem.

Agree. My friend has Samsung phone with super amoled screen and got nice burn in on taskbar area & considering you're paying a lot for oled TV and one day u get this problem... I wouldn't risk to be honest.

4 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Do you not see the issue with the circumstances in the case you linked ?

Have you seen this :

Anyway i stick by what i said. Good day :)

Going off your own link. Week 6 has burn-in on the Cyan color for live CNN... this spreads to most colors by week 8. So I hope you don't watch a lot of news sources if you are looking to go Oled.

6 hours ago, Glenwing said:

ekiTDRe.png

30+ms is probably MVA.