How do I tell if my overclock is safe?

Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,

If temps are fine, system isn't crashing, freezing, or giving you BSODs, and in games you're not experiencing frame skipping or artifacting then you're perfectly fine.

If you do start having any of these issues then it'll be time to dial back that OC.

So a couple months ago I got a GTX 1050 with a little bit of a factory overclock. After a while I started to get curious and looked up a few guides on how to overclock. I may just be underestimating my card but I'm pushing it quite far and it worries me a little I'm not gonna lie. Temperatures are fine and its performing great but I'm just worried that there might be some things that I don't know about overclocking that might be vital to the survival of my card? I don't know if I should be worried or not so I'm asking you. I figure better safe then sorry!

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

If you didn't have to overclock your gtx 1050 yourself then don't worry about.  The gpu company usually tests their products before selling to the public.  

1 minute ago, Dan1 said:

If you didn't have to overclock your gtx 1050 yourself then don't worry about.  The gpu company usually tests their products before selling to the public.  

I overclocked it further then that on my own. An extra 240 on core and 700 on memory

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

If temps are fine, system isn't crashing, freezing, or giving you BSODs, and in games you're not experiencing frame skipping or artifacting then you're perfectly fine.

If you do start having any of these issues then it'll be time to dial back that OC.

10 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Thank you!

#BudgetMasterRace

Download something like Unigine Heaven or Furmark and run it for at least 15-30 mins up to 24 hours. Come back and check for any artifacting.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440