wait for 1170 or go for 1080 ti?

I was about to build my new pc when someone mentioned that a new i7-9700k is coming soon and rumored about a new nvidia gpu 1170. what do you guys think when the card is coming out when it gets presented at gamescom like the rumor predicted!? and how long does it take for strix or evga to release their custom one? should i wait cause i dont want the founders edition( not good cooling for me), rather the strix one! how expensive would that card be. rumor has it it has 16 gb but i dont quite buy it just jet?!

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

The rumors indicate custom cards will be available at launch. But if you trust the rumors and look at the past launch schedules then you will expect the 1170 to be released about a month after the 1180. Then if you standardize what previous performance has been generation over generation you need to ask yourself if you expect the trend to continue and if you firmly believe a next generation 1170 will perform on par with a current 1080 ti. If you look at 980 ti overclocked performance it matches more closely with 1070 ti overclocked performance. That adds a slight wrinkle to things. And with all that said does the math involving all your assumptions add up to the value you assign to performance assumed for the next generation versus current generation cards. At this point it feels like you're asking us to do your homework and that feels like high school all over again. So go away you Bully.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

couldnt wait, got an 1080ti for 700 bucks

4 minutes ago, nick name said:

The rumors indicate custom cards will be available at launch. But if you trust the rumors and look at the past launch schedules then you will expect the 1170 to be released about a month after the 1180. Then if you standardize what previous performance has been generation over generation you need to ask yourself if you expect the trend to continue and if you firmly believe a next generation 1170 will perform on par with a current 1080 ti. If you look at 980 ti overclocked performance it matches more closely with 1070 ti overclocked performance. That adds a slight wrinkle to things. And with all that said does the math involving all your assumptions add up to the value you assign to performance assumed for the next generation versus current generation cards. At this point it feels like you're asking us to do your homework and that feels like high school all over again. So go away you Bully.  

its just i am a total noob in building and knowlege about those things. i wanna learn and if i need to ask things i dont know why shouldnt i ask?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

16 minutes ago, LDX said:

couldnt wait, got an 1080ti for 700 bucks

Ouch. Especially considering that the 980ti MSRP was $650, but the 1070 MSRP was $380, and they perform the same.

I'd imagine it'll be about the same situation with the 11xx cards.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

4 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Ouch. Especially considering that the 980ti MSRP was $650, but the 1070 MSRP was $380, and they perform the same.

I'd imagine it'll be about the same situation with the 11xx cards.

and i was this close to get the AMD Radeon pro Duo 32gb for $750

but my case is a mini itx, so I just got the 1080ti  

8 hours ago, Bayonett Priest said:

its just i am a total noob in building and knowlege about those things. i wanna learn and if i need to ask things i dont know why shouldnt i ask?

Sorry no I was joking. You should definitely ask because you don't know what you don't know.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case