How can I make my PC more unique for very cheap or even free?

Hey, I've owned this PC for about nearly 1 year now and I was just thinking it kinda looks like your typical "gamer PC" these days. What Can i do to make it look more unique and personal? Could be something a simple a moving the light strips or whatever. Thanks! (please excuse the not so great photos)

***Specs for those interested***

AMD Ryzen 3 1300

16GB DDR4 G-Skill RAM

Nvidia GTX 1070 (black back plate)

MSI X370 Gaming Plus motherboard

2X 1tb ssds (One Samsung and other Corsair)

Corsair H55 cooler 

IMG_7871.JPG

IMG_7875.JPG

IMG_7872.JPG

Your pc looks simple and neat already. If you wanna add something personal, you could use a little personal logo you can design yourself and stick it to the bottom right of the front or the side tempered panel. Nothing too flashy or complicated.

Just now, SnowWolf370 said:

Sadly every gaming computer these days are exactly the same and that's why yours don't feel that personal.

These days there's always a window case, RGB, flashy LED's.. Or the more gaming like computer cases, sharp edges, aggressive design.

Then there's the gaming PC covered in stickers, that usually end up looking horrible..

The problem is that just.. Everything is RGB.. Flashy, gamery these days. It's one of the reasons I sold my LED disco gaming rig and just got a pre-built Dell in a fancy business type looking case.

Just keep your computer neat and clean, it's custom built so it's already personal.

Think of it as a car, you've made some changes and made it good. Don't overkill it with spoilers, stickers, neon lights, tacky chrome parts etc..

Don't become a PC ricer!

Thanks, I'm thinking of putting 1 of the RGB fans for the rear fan. Not trying to go over the top or anything and might make it more simple in terms of colour.

Just now, pentotark said:

Your pc looks simple and neat already. If you wanna add something personal, you could use a little personal logo you can design yourself and stick it to the bottom right of the front or the side tempered panel. Nothing too flashy or complicated.

Thanks! That sounds like a good idea I might look into that but won't go over the top or anything. going top try and keep it on the simple side. Might even get one of those stickers that's kinda see through in a way. hopefully makes sense haha.

Yeah the quickest and cheapest would be decals of some sort, look online you can probably find a service for creating a vinyl decal or even something pre-made that would suite your needs

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

1 hour ago, Aztec said:

Thanks! That sounds like a good idea I might look into that but won't go over the top or anything. going top try and keep it on the simple side. Might even get one of those stickers that's kinda see through in a way. hopefully makes sense haha.

You can always do a custom graphic for one of your favorite games or characters. For example my work in progress is my P400 Mass effect theme case. My wife just finished the front panel. Next is the side panels then the inside of the case. 

IMG_20180730_150631044.jpg

IMG_20180730_150735884.jpg

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

8 minutes ago, mrbilky said:

Yeah the quickest and cheapest would be decals of some sort, look online you can probably find a service for creating a vinyl decal or even something pre-made that would suite your needs

Thanks I'll look into it!

Just now, Zusafek said:

You can always do a custom graphic for one of your favorite games or characters. For example my work in progress is my P400 Mass effect theme case. My wife just finished the front panel. Next is the side panels then the inside of the case. 

IMG_20180730_150631044.jpg

IMG_20180730_150735884.jpg

Loving the design! Great idea thanks. Will be a fun project!