Assassins Creed Black Flag crashing

Jester196

Hi guys, I bough assassins creed IV yesterday and installed it. When I first played it I was getting horrible lag and what looked like artifacts. So I stopped and restarted my pc and that went away, but then 5mins into the game it froze and made a loud noise and I had reset my computer. I continued to do this so I left it until today. I started playing and it's been fine for the last 2 hours then all of a sudden it happened again. So I restarted my computer and went back on the game and it will only let me start a new game even thought uplay says I have 13% game progression. Does anyone know how to fix this. My graphics drivers are all up to date.

This is my specs that can play battlefield 3 at over 60FPS on ultra setting, but only 30FPS on high setting in black flag:

Gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud7

Xfx radeon hd 7950 3GB

Amd fx-8320

G.skill ares 16GB 1600MHz

ASUS RTX 2080 Super ROG STRIX | AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT | ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming | Corsair Vengeance PRO RBG 16GB 3600MHz | NZXT Kraken X73 | Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic | x9 CoolerMaster MF120 Halo

If you wan't a big tip on saving performance turn of Vsync, REALLY helped for me literally by 30 Fps. As for the crashing part I have no idea, reinstall the game maybe or if you got beta drivers try unistall them?

Make sure it is on or :C drive, something similar happened to my friend and he had to uninstall it and put it on his :C drive

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M