$400 for a dell xps 13 too good to be true?

I found an ad on Craigslist for a dell XPS 13 with an i7, 8gb of ram, a 512 gb ssd and with the 4k touchscreen option. It is in great condition but he is only asking for $400 for it and it seems like too good of a deal. I'm very skeptical about this but he seems legit. What should I do to make sure I'm not getting scammed?

That is too cheap, I'd ask him why he's selling it so low. 

Could be stolen and he wants a quick offload, or he's just clueless with tech and that's all he wants for it. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I would text him to make sure it's not a scam or make him prove that everything it all right with the machine.

don't show up to the meeting point with 400$ cash in your pocket they'll just rob you

13 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

That is too cheap, I'd ask him why he's selling it so low. 

Could be stolen and he wants a quick offload, or he's just clueless with tech and that's all he wants for it. 

Well he listed the specs and model number so he doesn't seem super clueless. But if he is clueless then asking him why it's so cheap might cause him to raise the price.

13 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

I would text him to make sure it's not a scam or make him prove that everything it all right with the machine.

What specifically should I ask for? 

10 minutes ago, emosun said:

don't show up to the meeting point with 400$ cash in your pocket they'll just rob you

I asked if he could drive it to my area for extra money so I'm guessing if he's willing to do that he actually has the laptop. I'm also gonna request to meet him at a Starbucks or a park or something and if he agrees to that I doubt he's going to rob me or anything 

I'd only ask the seller if you could pick it up by yourself (not alone). If it's not possible or it's too far away from you don't buy it! It's either stolen or not existing.

4 minutes ago, Xizerz said:

What specifically should I ask for? 

Ask him to send more photos of the laptop, the model number on the bottom- the specs, looks (visuals). Basically any bit of info that would make you sure that the deal is legit- if any of the sellers replies seem fishy, just give up on it.

What model is it, if it's the 9370 then yes it's sketchy. But if it's the 9350 or perhaps the 9343 then it sounds fair. When you mean 4k touch, is it actually 2160P touch or 1800P touch. 

1 hour ago, Bubblewhale said:

What model is it, if it's the 9370 then yes it's sketchy. But if it's the 9350 or perhaps the 9343 then it sounds fair. When you mean 4k touch, is it actually 2160P touch or 1800P touch. 

Yeah it's the 9343 model with 1800p

1 hour ago, Konrad_K said:

Ask him to send more photos of the laptop, the model number on the bottom- the specs, looks (visuals). Basically any bit of info that would make you sure that the deal is legit- if any of the sellers replies seem fishy, just give up on it.

Alright I'll ask him for that, what would be an obvious sign that it's not his or that it doesn't work?

2 minutes ago, Xizerz said:

Alright I'll ask him for that, what would be an obvious sign that it's not his or that it doesn't work?

It's hard to tell, you can ask him if he has a receipt. If he does not have it or will be frustrated by the question it might mean that it's fake or stolen. If he lives somewhere near, it's a good idea to meet him at a local coffee shop or something similar.

43 minutes ago, Xizerz said:

Yeah it's the 9343 model with 1800p

I'd say that's fair pricing, I saw the 9343 1800P touch model from a computer store for $500 local. 

2 hours ago, Bubblewhale said:

I'd say that's fair pricing, I saw the 9343 1800P touch model from a computer store for $500 local. 

Oh really? I haven't looked around locally, where do you think I should go to find one? I'd much rather buy from an actual store since it's that affordable.

3 hours ago, Konrad_K said:

It's hard to tell, you can ask him if he has a receipt. If he does not have it or will be frustrated by the question it might mean that it's fake or stolen. If he lives somewhere near, it's a good idea to meet him at a local coffee shop or something similar.

Alright well I emailed him this morning and he hasn't responded yet so it'll be difficult to get more information from him it seems.