i am between mod mic 4 and blue yeti

jim33

hi  i want to  one  from these  2  modi mic  4  and  blue yeti  but  i dont  which  to  buy

first  i want to  say  that i dont  do recordings and i dont do streams

i want to  buy one from  these 2  for  games,, skype  facebook and  dichord and  to talk with my  friends

also i want to say  that  i have mechanical  keyboard  with  brown keys

so which to  buy  from these  2  please??

my  question is to  buy  modmic  or to  buy one microphone??

As a current owner of a Modmic I do not recommend it. The sticky pads do a poor job of keeping the mic boom attached, and honestly the mic quality isn't much better than my old mic. 

Go with the Yeti.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

modmic is  not  good  for games,, skype and  chat ??

Just now, jim33 said:

modmic is  not  good  for games,, skype and  chat ??

I use modmic 4 for gaming and it's great.

I literally have zero complaints about voice comm's in games, which is basically all I need it for.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

how is  the quality when  you play  games and  skype and  facebook??  can  you  tell me  please??

I will vouch for the ModMic too. I have the ModMic 4 since December I think it was when I got it. 0 complaints ever since.

TBH I never had any other dedicated mic.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

is  the sound  very good when  you speak with your friends and when they  hear  you?>??

can  yoy give me some information about  modic 4 please??

also  there are 2  kinds  modmic 4  one with ModMic 4 - with Mute  and one without

so to buy  modmic 4 with  mute??

in games and when  you chat with  your  friends  in skype or facebook or dichord how is??

some people told me  that  modmic 4 is not good as  yeti

some another  people say  that modmci 4 is better  from yeti

i dont   know what to buy

as  i told  you  i want one  from  these 2  for

games,, skype  facebook and  dichord and  to talk with my  friends

will  i have static  noise with  modic 4?

can  you help me  please?? which to  buy  from these 2??

Can you calm down please? By repeating the same questions over and over, the answers won't appear magically.
As for the ModMic 4, the quality is average (not adequate for the price imo), I've heard the ModMic 5 and it's slightly better, but the versions prior to the 4 are garbage. The Blue Yeti is a famous mic, and it has reasons for it: it's available in XLR and USB versions, the audio quality is really high (more than enough even for many professional applications). At this point it's up to you, but for your use cases, I'd suggest cheaper microphones from reputable brands, like the Samson Go. As for the two you were asking for, the choice should also reflect your needs, so if you don't have space on your desk, the ModMic may be the better choice, etc. By the way, is it that hard to search for mic audio tests on Youtube?

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

with  modmic  4  will  i be  ok in games,, skype  facebook and  dichord and  to talk with my  friends??

you mean  that  modic  4 is  not good??

2 minutes ago, jim33 said:

with  modmic  4  will  i be  ok in games,, skype  facebook and  dichord and  to talk with my  friends??

You'll sure be fine with that mic

1 minute ago, jim33 said:

you mean  that  modic  4 is  not good??

It's surely not good for the price, there are loads of better microphones at that price point. But it's not bad generally speaking, it's pretty average

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

which  are  the  better  microphones?? 

i mean with modmic  4  will i speak very  good  in skype and  facebook with  my  friends??

will  they  hear me very  good??

when  you mean  pretty average  what  number  you  put  for 0 to 10??> 

Just now, jim33 said:

i mean with modmic  4  will i speak very  good  in skype and  facebook with  my  friends??

will  they  hear me very  good??

Already answered to this question:

2 minutes ago, LionSpeck said:

You'll sure be fine with that mic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 minute ago, jim33 said:

which  are  the  better  microphones?? 

17 minutes ago, LionSpeck said:

I'd suggest cheaper microphones from reputable brands, like the Samson Go

Another notable one is the Blue Snowball for instance; also Tascam recorders are really nice too, but you'd have to find a model that's able to be hooked up to the PC for real time recording

5 minutes ago, jim33 said:

when  you mean  pretty average  what  number  you  put  for 0 to 10??> 

Where the built-in mic of many headphones is 1 and the Yeti is 7, the ModMic would be 3.5 in my opinion

the  blue snowball is very  good?? is  like modmic??

2 minutes ago, jim33 said:

the  blue snowball is very  good?? is  like modmic??

It's better quality than the ModMic, that's for sure. I don't know what you mean by "like the ModMic": quality, price, form factor...?