Magnetically Levitated Keyboards?

SaintERosa

Where can I find myself a keyboard which uses magnetic levitation for the keys?

I just want to try one out if they exist. If not does anyone have money to deposit into my bank account so I can....run off...I mean begin developing this fancy futuristic magical device?

I can't imagine something like that being practical.  It would pull an enormous amount of power from the USB of you went with electeomagnets of you went with standard magnets any small scrap of metal with any amount of iron would immediately foul up whatever key it got under

12 hours ago, lostredneck said:

I can't imagine something like that being practical.  It would pull an enormous amount of power from the USB of you went with electeomagnets of you went with standard magnets any small scrap of metal with any amount of iron would immediately foul up whatever key it got under

I would go with natural magnets, also I believe with proper configuration of form the magnets could be isolated from outside sources with a "magnetic field proof" material which if I used a key with a long tube with a magnet at the top and then had that tube over lap another tube which when pressed would slide down the stationary tube (the key tube) and prevent materials from jamming up the keyboard another idea would be to create tight spaces or use a cover (though this may make it feel mushy).