First open Loop in Lian Li O11 Dynamic

Hey people,

since Europe is slowly turning into Mordor and the temps in my flat are up to 38°C during the day, I decided to build my first ever open Loop.

I am pretty much set on getting the Lian Li o11 Dynamic (I REALLY like it's looks) and want to go the soft-tubing route since I am a bit nervous ;)

There are still a few questions that the usual YouTube videos (JayzTwoCents, Linus and others) couldn't really answer, so I figuered i'd ask you guys :)

Currently I'm running an Intel 7700k oc'd to 5.0 Ghz, cooled with a Corsair H100i V2 with 2 noctua NF-F12 inside a Phanteks P4oo TG.

I bought an Asus Strix 1070ti earlier this year and even with all dials put on maximum in the OC software i cannot get it to heat up more than 35°C above ambient, so i'm not planning on adding a GPU block until i upgrade my GPU.

After looking at some offers, i decided to get an Alphacool Eissturm kit with a 45 mm thick 360 rad (It's 25% cheaper than the EKWB offer and has a bigger Res and Rad) and i'm planning to put the Radiator in the right chamber of my Case.

This is where the Questions start:

1) Is it possible to have the ports on a vertical Radiator at the bottom without trapping a lot of air in it's tubes?

2) Will Corsair LL120s be able to provide enough airflow over such a thick rad? (They are on sale right now and cost 50% less than the noctua NF-A 12 i originally wanted to buy)

3) If I were to add a temperature probe into the loop, would my Mainboard (Strix z270F ) be able to use the 12 Ohm input to regulate fanspeed in it's software?

4) If i were to use the Top-Inlet on the Pump-Res combo (there is only a single inlet on the res), how could i fill the loop without spilling tons of liquid?!

5) I'm planning to add a Y-Splitter for the pump outlet, put a Valve with plug  on one side and the rest of the loop on the other side so i have a proper drain-port. - Did i miss anything ?

And lastly, but probably a little Off-topic :

Do you guys think 3 Nf-F12 at the bottom of the case would provide enough airflow to Potentially get positive air pressure if i decide to add a GPU block and another 360 Rad top? (So 6 * LL120 pushing air out through Radiators, opposed to 3 NF-F 12 pushing air into the case  - not at the same speed, but rather at the same Noise-level?)

I hope you guys can give me some insight into those subjects :)

Greetings from Germany!

The kit i'm planning to buy

That rad in the left side would have to be mounted in the most forward way it won't fit in the back side of the opening its to thick and probably to wide.Now you could mount the fans on the back pushing in.And you will have to vertically mount that video card with a waterblock on it.The rad with the ports down i have heard its bad and its not and many do it so i doubt it would matter if you bleed the system fully of air.The fans should be on many use them and corsair uses them on their aio which are not a lot thinner then that rad is.

Hey Andrew, thank you for your reply !

The Lian Li Manual said, that there is 50mm pace behind the opening in the right chamber. Someone on youtube even said, that you could mount a 30mm rad and normal 25 mm fans on it and "it would just fit" - so i am not really worried about the rad fitting in. Also, the opening is 120mm wide , so it should be wide enough to fit the rad in comfortably...

Thank you for your input on the Fans tho! I was just worried because the Rad is twice as thick as the corsair Aio rads :-/ But Paul used them in his latest build on 60mm rads, so it's probably going to be fine...

EDIT:

I just checked the Lian Li - Page and the technical drawings of 1070 ti waterblocks (from EK)

It seems like a width of about 140 mm is still okay without a vertical mount or moddig...

The waterblock for the 1070 ti is only 127,7 mm wide, so there would be no problem mounting it horizontally.

Lian Li compatibility List

1070 ti waterblock technical Drawing

1080 ti waterblock technical drawing (for reference since the lian li page is missing the 1070 ti block)