Where Can I Get Legitimate Windows 10 for Cheap?

bellabichon

Hey forum. 

So I've been thinking of building a PC sometime this summer, and I'm starting to plan out what parts I want to use. When looking for an OS like Windows 10 home on PCpartpicker, they're all so expensive! I've heard people talk about really cheap keys, but is it legit? 

Thanks in advance!

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Kinguin. Just have to use the automated phone activation which you can actually do without having to talk to anyone. I've used keys from them twice with no issues. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Kinguin is a good place. If you want cheaper, eBay has really cheap keys.

hi.

Does someone know what are volume licenses? I have a couple for windows but I don't know what they're for

Volume licenses are for businesses to use on lots of PC's.  If you have some they are likely stolen/not legit.

Thanks for telling me, probably are fake. I found them on the ground in a library, they were in a small piece of paper. I doubt someone would write them down in a piece of paper.

1 minute ago, MrDotTaco said:

Thanks for telling me, probably are fake. I found them on the ground in a library, they were in a small piece of paper. I doubt someone would write them down in a piece of paper.

That would fall under the stolen scenario.  A tech likely had them written down for re-installing something and dropped the paper they were written on.

well what should I do? Get rid of the paper or call them to tell them about it?

This topic has been beat to hell... Here's the fall out from the last time this was posted.

Options seem to be..

1.) Kinguin $30-35 with buyer protection so you don't get screwed over

2.) eBay $5-10 and doing your due diligence on the seller and running the risk being of screwed over 

3.) Download the Windows 10 iso from Microsoft and deal with the water mark until you can get a Kinguin key

whoops but yeah. Try this website SCKey.com. You can find windows keys for cheap. The Youtube channel Science Studio did a video on it if you want to know more about it. 

Screenshot 2018-07-26 at 1.09.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-07-26 at 1.08.37 PM.png

Legit OEMs are $80 and up, retails $120. Anything lower is someway conflicting with Microsoft ToS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv