AMD TR 1950X Server Build -SQL Server

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

going with 3467 gets you a much better upgrade path if you need that, for that price id be tempted to go 3467 and get more cpu later if you need

What server would you get with the silver? r440?

Silver 4110 would be with T440 or R440. It has a better upgrade path down the road. I will most likely get the SSDs myself.

This setup has:

Xeon Silver 4110

8 GB Ram ECC RDIMM 2666

PERC H730 RAID Card

120 GB SSD Boot Drive

Single 495 Watt PSU

Basic Support 3 years

TOTAL @ $2340 + TAX

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

going with 3467 gets you a much better upgrade path if you need that, for that price id be tempted to go 3467 and get more cpu later if you need

What server would you get with the silver? r440? 

here is the build I mentioned with Xeon Silver:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/servers-storage-and-networking/poweredge-t440-tower-server/spd/poweredge-t440/pe_t440_12421?selectionState=eyJGUHJpY2UiOjI3ODUuMSwiT0MiOiJwZV90NDQwXzEyNDIxIiwiUXR5IjoxLCJNb2RzIjpbeyJJZCI6MTU1MCwiT3B0cyI6W3siSWQiOiI1MTAzMzk4In1dfSx7IklkIjoxNTYwLCJPcHRzIjpbeyJJZCI6IjUwOTg4ODgiLCJRdHkiOjJ9XX0seyJJZCI6MTU0MSwiT3B0cyI6W3siSWQiOiI1MDk5Mjc5In1dfSx7IklkIjoxNTcwLCJPcHRzIjpbeyJJZCI6IjUxMDc4NDIifV19LHsiSWQiOjE2NTIsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiTk9NRUQifV19LHsiSWQiOjE1MjAsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiNTEwMzg1NiJ9XX0seyJJZCI6MTUxNCwiT3B0cyI6W3siSWQiOiJPQk5JQyJ9XX0seyJJZCI6MTYyMSwiT3B0cyI6W3siSWQiOiIxMjVWMTAifV19XX0%3D

This has 32 gb ram from dell each priced at $411 (Crucial or Kingston has 2 x 16 gb ecc rdimm 2666 for $400). Overall system cost $2700 + TAX

46 minutes ago, Freewalker11 said:

Id look at the 2.5 drive models if you just using ssds, that way you don't need an adapter for the 3.5 drive bays.

If you want a seprate boot drive get the boss card, its basically a m.2 boot drive.

otherwise looks good

22 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If you want a seprate boot drive get the boss card, its basically a m.2 boot drive.

I dont think you can opt out of the boot drive. If you unselect the boot drive it'll automatically add another default on there or won't let you unselect it.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I'll still hold off till the end of the week to hear more ideas/suggestions.

51 minutes ago, Freewalker11 said:

I dont think you can opt out of the boot drive. If you unselect the boot drive it'll automatically add another default on there or won't let you unselect it.

call them up, you should be able to order it without drives.

Alright,

Going with Dell T440 w/ following config:

CPU: Xeon Silver 4110

MOBO: OEM Dual CPU Socket (1 Occupied, better upgrade path down the road)

RAM: 8 GB ECC RDIMM (They have to ship it with RAM on board, will provide my own 32 GB Kit)

RAID CONTROLLER: PERC H730 2GB Cache

BOOT DRIVE: OEM 120GB SSD

STORAGE DRIVE(s): No OEM, opted out to go with 960 GB INTEL S4500 SSD x 2 on RAID 1

PSU: Dual 1100 WATT

for total with taxes and shipping included $2300 and some change. DELL agent added some more discounts I believe so its about $450 cheaper than online config. 

$2300 + $410 (RAM) + $750 SSDs (x2) = ~$3460

Which is not bad in my opinion. I will order it tomorrow morning. Super excited! Thanks everyone for your input!