Build for Videoediting, Photoshop, office and a bit of gaming

hi guys

I'm planning a new build.

Primary focus is good usability in davinci resolve, which is quite hardware demanding even for 1080p, which i will use mostly.

I went with ryzen, because of the two extra cores. compared with the i7 8700 which costs about the same where i live

generally i tried going for "best bang for the buck" so i picked the components with the best price in each category, without making too much compromises in performance.

this setup costs about 1500$ here.

please let me know, what you think.

Is there a bottlenek in your opinion?

Resp. What for what part would an upgrade make the most effect?

GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING, Mainboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Prozessor (with stock cooler, not planning to overclock for now)
Apacer D4 32GB 3000-16 1024x8 BLADE K2
ASRock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX580 8G OC (alternative would be, palit 1060 6GB)
Sharkoon TG5, Tower (there are cheaper options, but i like the look and i need a litte rgb ;))
Thermaltake Smart SE 630W
Corsair Force MP500 120 GB nvme (system)
Mushkin Reactor 1 TB, Solid State Drive (videodata)

Any chance a better psu could fit in the budget?

A larger system drive would be better. Without pricing it is difficult to say, but I suspect the premium cost of a 120GB NVMe drive is not justified. Consider getting a 240GB+ SATA III ssd instead.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Thanks for the input.
What psu would you recommend?
You are probably right with the ssd's.
Not shure if the impact from the NVMe would be big enough to justify the higher price.
On the other hand though, its just 80$ and i dont need that much space onto the system drive.

Not knowing where you are located it's hard to know if $80 is a good deal or not. In USA that would get a 240GB+ SATA III ssd.

550W - 650W psu would be good. My personal preferences: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, Corsair RMx, Evga G2, Seasonic Focus Plus, Corsair TXM, Cooler Master MasterWatt, Corsair CXM.

Here to. you can get a Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB for about 70$ (switzerland)

definitely going to check those psu's out.

thanks.

I think a 240GB+ ssd would be the better choice. Given the amount of memory in the system I doubt the page/swap file will be that busy so about the only benefit from NVMe would be boot and program load (if the program is on the drive).

ok, i swiched to the Cooler Master MasterWatt 650, which i could get for the same Price as the Thermaltake 60$

In regards of NVMe, i changed to the slightly cheaper Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB, which i can get for 99$

With the extra storage i can put my render- and cachefolders from resolve on the NVMe, what should better the editing performance overall.