Games running poorly on good laptop!

verysmall

I have a asus nitro 5 gaming laptop with a 1050ti! I also live in japan however I play games on American/English speaking servers as I am from America! 

I bought this laptop and had no problems playing games! However for the past couple weeks even small games like csgo run pretty badly online. I run into stutters and freezes that last for around a second usually. 
Idk why this is happening as it didn’t do this before! Other games like Pubg and rust are nearly unplayable! Even on lowest settings! 

I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I’ve tried to make sure the games were running off my NVidia gpu and not the integrated one. And still nothing. 

The ONLY thing I can think that I did was I moved my steam and steam library to my external hard drive and off my SSD. I thought this wouldn’t matter as the SSD mostly just help load times but. That’s the only thing I can think of that I changed around when everything went bad!

Please help! Thank you!

21 minutes ago, verysmall said:

I have a asus nitro 5 gaming laptop with a 1050ti! I also live in japan however I play games on American/English speaking servers as I am from America! 

I bought this laptop and had no problems playing games! However for the past couple weeks even small games like csgo run pretty badly online. I run into stutters and freezes that last for around a second usually. 
Idk why this is happening as it didn’t do this before! Other games like Pubg and rust are nearly unplayable! Even on lowest settings! 

I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I’ve tried to make sure the games were running off my NVidia gpu and not the integrated one. And still nothing. 

The ONLY thing I can think that I did was I moved my steam and steam library to my external hard drive and off my SSD. I thought this wouldn’t matter as the SSD mostly just help load times but. That’s the only thing I can think of that I changed around when everything went bad!

Please help! Thank you!

Try moving your steam library to your internal drive and see if it fixes it.

see thereason i moved it out was because it filled my ssd up with space and this laptop doesnt have a internal harddrive! which is dumb but! alright i will try moving everything back i guess so i will be back

I would recommend downloading Crystal Disk Mark and running it on your external drive to see how it's performing.

it might also be worth running task manager in the background and when you start to get stutters check to see what is pegged at 100% whether it's GPU or CPU, it might give some indication of what's happening.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 hours ago, verysmall said:

Please help! Thank you!

How fast is your internet? Bad internet means bad multiplayer experience 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Is it connection or the laptop itself? Does it happen in offline games?

That's an F in the profile pic

It's got little to do with the GPU if you're not getting FPS drops or wild fluctuations. And if your stutters aren't freezing your system, it likely isn't the system itself.

Try a single player game offline. If it works fine, it's your network

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

19 hours ago, wasab said:

How fast is your internet? Bad internet means bad multiplayer experience 

i get around 900mbps down