System Crash and Instant Reboot Under Load

Wark-

So as the title suggests, when put under any noticeable load (launching just about any game under the sun) my entire system crashes and then instantly reboots.There is no BSOD or error message, just instant reboot. I have already checked thermals, and cleaned out all the dust. I have also re-seated my GPU and RAM. I have done a fresh install of windows 10 Pro 64-bit and nothing has changed. I only have one idea. My power supply is really old so it may be failing. If anyone can identify this problem before I start replacing hardware bit by bit then let me know.

Build Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR3

GPU: EVGA GTX 970 4GB

Mother Board: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H-CF BIOS Version F9

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 600W ATX 12V V2.3

SSD: Corsair Force LS SSD 250GB

HDD: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB

Disk Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST

My GPU is also driving a 60Hz ASUS monitor over an HDMI cable for a secondary display, and a 144Hz Acer monitor over Dual Link DVI for a main display.

If it just completely reboots without a BSOD that is usually indicative of a bad PSU. If its giving you BSOD, then its likely other things as having bad power wont cause BSODs that I know of. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Yeah there's no error messages or a BSOD after crashing, it just goes straight to reboot.

I usually use an Ubuntu bootable to check hard drive health and something like Defraggler to benchmark. I'm sure there is some way better solutions out there though :)

1 hour ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I usually use an Ubuntu bootable to check hard drive health and something like Defraggler to benchmark. I'm sure there is some way better solutions out there though :)

I was thinking more along the lines of something that can spot individual corrupt partitions. I'll use Defraggler as an additive anyway because it seems rather useful. Thanks for that.

23 minutes ago, Wark- said:

I was thinking more along the lines of something that can spot individual corrupt partitions

In that case, I use MiniTool Partition Disk, that should spot any issues with partitions.

10 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

In that case, I use MiniTool Partition Disk, that should spot any issues with partitions.

Gotcha, checked my SSD and HDD and they came up fine. I have no clue what's wrong at this point. Going to update OP with what has happened between then and now.

3 hours ago, Wark- said:

Gotcha, checked my SSD and HDD and they came up fine. I have no clue what's wrong at this point. Going to update OP with what has happened between then and now.

So it showed no issues? You can recover or repair partitions but if there's no issues with the drive partitions than that won't work.