PSU Corsair TX850M, 850W, 80 Plus® Gold, Semi-Modular, 140mm

Yzix

So long as it is a new grey label unit, it's a Tier One unit. So yes, it's great.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It's good (a bit noisy), but why would you want to get it? What are you planning on powering? 

:)

11 minutes ago, seon123 said:

It's good (a bit noisy), but why would you want to get it? What are you planning on powering? 

plan run cpu on turbo and extra volgate. ~4.2ghz ryzen 5 2600x. + why not? dont need change in future when need more power with new gpu or something

4 minutes ago, Yzix said:

plan run cpu on turbo and extra volgate. ~4.2ghz ryzen 5 2600x. + why not? dont need change in future when need more power with new gpu or something

Assuming you get a 1080 Ti and an HEDT platform and overclock all of it, you're fine on a 650W PSU. On a mainstream platform, you're fine with a 550W. With a 1080 and a Ryzen 7, you're fine on a 450W. Just get a 450-550W PSU instead of wasting money. 

10 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Assuming you get a 1080 Ti and an HEDT platform and overclock all of it, you're fine on a 650W PSU. On a mainstream platform, you're fine with a 550W. With a 1080 and a Ryzen 7, you're fine on a 450W. Just get a 450-550W PSU instead of wasting money. 

what if buy https://www.varle.lt/maitinimo-blokai/corsair-netzteil-650w-tx650m-atx-semi-modular-80gold--6179368.html ? 650w coz want turbo it, and it works a lot coz streams.. :)

13 minutes ago, Yzix said:

what if buy https://www.varle.lt/maitinimo-blokai/corsair-netzteil-650w-tx650m-atx-semi-modular-80gold--6179368.html ? 650w coz want turbo it, and it works a lot coz streams.. :)

I've said what wattages are fine. Are you expecting to upgrade to an HEDT platform and to get a high power draw GPU? If you want to be safe for the future, 550W is plenty. 

There are other PSUs available than the TXM. Check out the Straight Power 11, Whisper M and Focus. The Straight Power 11 and Whisper M are higher end, the Focus is an alternative  if it's cheaper. 

25 minutes ago, seon123 said:

I've said what wattages are fine. Are you expecting to upgrade to an HEDT platform and to get a high power draw GPU? If you want to be safe for the future, 550W is plenty. 

There are other PSUs available than the TXM. Check out the Straight Power 11, Whisper M and Focus. The Straight Power 11 and Whisper M are higher end, the Focus is an alternative  if it's cheaper. 

cant look at sheap stuff.. its PSU most important pc part with can kill pc in 1ms. so ye i taking dat 650w ^^

3 minutes ago, Yzix said:

cant look at sheap stuff.. its PSU most important pc part with can kill pc in 1ms. so ye i taking dat 650w ^^

That's why I'm recommending good PSUs. Getting a higher wattage PSU just increases the damage it can cause, which might be the opposite of what you want. 

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

That's why I'm recommending good PSUs. Getting a higher wattage PSU just increases the damage it can cause, which might be the opposite of what you want. 

Well its corsair, should be good one? 650w runs a lot hdd, chargint phone ,mic, 2x minotors, mouse, wifi adapter speakers 4.1+ ghz pcu (ryzen 5 2600x) and 16gb rams need some power and leave some power leave space to upgrade in future and dont change  psu.?

2 minutes ago, Yzix said:

Well its corsair, should be good one? 650w runs a lot hdd, chargint phone ,mic, 2x minotors, mouse, wifi adapter speakers 4.1+ ghz pcu (ryzen 5 2600x) and 16gb rams need some power and leave some power leave space to upgrade in future and dont change  psu.?

The fact that it's got a sticker saying "Corsair" on the side doesn't make it good. The fact that it's a good PSU makes it good. Doesn't mean it can't fail. 

All of the mentioned devices draw negligible amounts of power, the monitor and speakers don't even draw power from the PSU. 

I've told you the wattages required by a 1080 Ti om an HEDT platform, all overclocked. Why do you think you'll draw anywhere near that amount?

4 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The fact that it's got a sticker saying "Corsair" on the side doesn't make it good. The fact that it's a good PSU makes it good. Doesn't mean it can't fail. 

All of the mentioned devices draw negligible amounts of power, the monitor and speakers don't even draw power from the PSU. 

I've told you the wattages required by a 1080 Ti om an HEDT platform, all overclocked. Why do you think you'll draw anywhere near that amount?

well even 250w can fail, there is nothing perfect. there is "IF". but currently using tancens 800w so u know.. its a silver but "tancens" as i know dont have  great reputation.. 

7 hours ago, Yzix said:

well even 250w can fail, there is nothing perfect. there is "IF". but currently using tancens 800w so u know.. its a silver but "tancens" as i know dont have  great reputation.. 

I realize your English isn't perfect, but he's basically saying everything you believe, just with more facts to back it up. Not everything from Corsair is a great unit.

You can get other options that aren't the Corsair TXM, such as the Bitfenix Whisper, the EVGA G2, Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, heck, there are be Quiet units you could get too. You don't have to get a Corsair unit if you want a decent unit, and shopping for a PSU based on brand is a poor decision.

7 hours ago, Yzix said:

Your USB port to charge your phone uses 5W at the very maximum because that's how much USB 3.0 supports. Your two monitors draw power from the wall, not your PC. The load it adds to your GPU is negligible. The max potential power draw of your GPU is the concern. The mouse uses 5W or less, wifi adapter if USB draws 5W or less and if PCIe draws about 5W, your speakers don't draw power from your PC, your CPU isn't guaranteed to hit 4.1 GHz with any amount of voltage, and DDR4 RAM draws negligible amounts of power.

So with that out of the way, a 1080 Ti and Ryzen 2700X system with tons of overclocking would draw around 450W. You'd be fine on a 550W unit.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

23 hours ago, seon123 said:

People tend to say this a lot, but without context.  A lot of times, the PSU people buy instead when told the TX is "a bit noisy" is actually noisier than the TX!  :D

If you look at the Cybenetics testing, it's not really that loud of a PSU.  I have admitted it can be quieter (design issue), but it's not an unusually loud PSU.

On 19.7.2018 at 9:13 PM, Yzix said:

Its good? 

No, because you can get a better PSU that is quieter for the same amount of money.

And if you really need 750 or 850W, you have the money for a good quality Platinum one anyway.

For example:
Bitfenix Formula or rather Whisper M

be quiet Straight Power 11

Cougar GX-F

All in 550W, especially for the Straight Power 11, the 650W Version is just bullshit. But that's true in 9/10 cases anyway...

On 19.7.2018 at 10:33 PM, Yzix said:

Well its corsair, should be good one?

each manufacturer has different quality itiems.

So just because there is a certain label on it doesn't mean its good...

On 19.7.2018 at 10:33 PM, Yzix said:

650w runs a lot hdd, chargint phone ,mic, 2x minotors, mouse, wifi adapter speakers 4.1+ ghz pcu (ryzen 5 2600x) and 16gb rams need some power and leave some power leave space to upgrade in future and dont change  psu.?

Yes and?
That all sounds like a good quality 550W PSU shoul be more than enough for you.

You don't need to go for 650W.

And what is "a lot HDD"??

With modern Components, I'd rather make a seperate file server anyway, due to transients of the graphics card...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

USB 3.0, phone charging, etc... is +5V, not from the main +12V rail.

Phone charging, using ALL the USB ports you have, using all the HDD ports your motherboard can support will be like.... 50W? 75W?

The main power usage will be from:

• CPU
  • GPU(s)
  • Motherboard -- I've read in the past, it can be up to ~100W 

EVEN with a overclocked water-cooled i7-7900X, and one overclocked water-cooled GTX 1080Ti, you are not going to break the 550W limit.

Using a Ryzen R5-2600X, you'll be fine with a quality 500W ~ 550W PSU.

IMO instead of a 850W 80 PLUS Gold, I'd get a quality 550W ~ 650W 80 PLUS Platinum instead with the money.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

9 hours ago, -rascal- said:
  • Motherboard -- I've read in the past, it can be up to ~100W 

In the old days of nForce and X58 that may have been possible.

But look at components that use around 100W like ATi Radeon x1800XT, nVidia 7800GTX and 7900GTX.

That is some serious heatsinking.

So that only leaves the VRMs as something that really consumes power, here you can assume an efficiency of 80-95%

And even with 150W CPU -> 80% Efficiency equals around 37,5W Loss for the VRMs...

Modern Chipsets are 10W or less.

That only leaves stuff like RAID Controller or 10G Ethernet...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"