Continuous Hard Drive Errors - Repeating every week

Its been months since my hard drive has started giving issues.

1. Every time I boot up my PC, I get this error in the notification area - Scan to Repair Drive Errors.

2. It happened twice that after the chkdsk repair utility was executed, the files on my hard drive disappeared yet consuming space on the hard drive.

3. I had to run a data recovery software in order to recover those files. On research, I found that the files disappeared because of the chkdsk utility.

The problem keeps arising although the S.M.A.R.T. status of my drive shows "Good" (used Speccy)

I don't know if my HDD is about to die.

The solution to this problem will be very much appreciated.
Respect.
- Sarvesh K.

The drive is dying. S.M.A.R.T is fairly useless at telling you when a drive is on the way out.

Replacing the drive is the best bet.

Spinrite can extend the life of the drive if you wanted.

Yeah replace it if traditional drive. If it's an SSD and it does this, it'll be dying shortly.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

This sounds like data corruption, not necessarily hardware failure. For example, a cause of this could be improper shutdown.

Still, backup anything important. Try downloading the disk manufacturer's diagnostic tool and running that. Do an extended read test which could take some hours.

One more thing in SMART, look for reallocated sector count, or pending sector count. If either of these are non-zero, the disk is going bad. It is possible for these to be non-zero and report as SMART good because the drives are supposed to self-repair, but this isn't reliable or safe any more.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible