No mainboard bootscreen after RAM upgrade

Hey guys,

I've bought some used RAM from ebay that is exactly the same as the RAM that already was inside my system.

So I just put them in and started my computer, but somehow I do not see the bootscreen of my MSI mainboard.

I get the login screen from Windows and nothing else.

Windows detected the new RAM without any troubles but how can I go into the bootmenue now?

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like fast boot was somehow enabled, or the startup delay was disabled. Try turning on your computer and then immediately start spamming F2 and Del that should get you into your BIOS and you can change those settings back (or not).

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

I think you can reboot directly to BIOS via an option in MSI Command Center

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

Or Win10 advanced startup. That'll take you there. If UEFI.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

22 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

It sounds like fast boot was somehow enabled, or the startup delay was disabled. Try turning on your computer and then immediately start spamming F2 and Del that should get you into your BIOS and you can change those settings back (or not).

Tried it out, doesn't work at all. When I Pres [F2] and [DEL] the screen stays black and doesn't boot Windows at all.

That is interesting. Try plugging your monitor into the motherboard instead of your GPU. It may be outputting to the onboard video for some reason. If that works go into the BIOS and set the default GPU to whatever the option is that is not Onboard, it could be named a few things.

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

6 minutes ago, Justin_ said:

That is interesting. Try plugging your monitor into the motherboard instead of your GPU. It may be outputting to the onboard video for some reason. If that works go into the BIOS and set the default GPU to whatever the option is that is not Onboard, it could be named a few things.

I don't have a GPU at all at this computer :-D just onboard graphics.

I'm installing MSI Command Center now. @chckovsky

33 minutes ago, userzero said:

Or Win10 advanced startup. That'll take you there. If UEFI.

How can I do this?

Hold shift as you click on restart in the Power options :)

Let go when you see please wait. Go through advanced and troubleshoot. Off the top of my head.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

15 minutes ago, userzero said:

Hold shift as you click on restart in the Power options :)

Let go when you see please wait. Go through advanced and troubleshoot. Off the top of my head.

That's tricky! Thanks for this. But it also didn't work...and I know why!

Somehow the BIOS was displayed on my second monitor that was turned off. I don't know why but I can see it there now lol.

Do you know how to set it up the other way again to display the BIOS on my first monitor?