So, basically I built a new rig a year ago (Current components):
- Ryzen 7 1700
- AsRock X370 Taichi 
- 16GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 
- ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX
- 500GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD
- 1TB Western Digital HDD
- Corsair RM750i PSU

FPS are really high (95FPS on Battlefield 1), I play on 2560x1080 at 75Hz (OC monitor), but there are lots of mini frame drops (every 10 - 25 seconds) and screen freezing (only for 1 sec, FPS are high and then they go down for a second) in any game, even on League of Legends, and this happens even if I'm on a calmed zone, sometimes I'm in the middle of all action with lots of explosions and particles everywhere and nothing happens, but then even if everything is quiet, stuttering comes. The PC works just fine, no lag on windows, it boots fast as hell and when I work it does everything perfect but when I play Games it's just a nightmare. I'm thinking on changing to an Intel Processor and MOBO because I can't stay in this situation.

I did everything you can imagine to solve it:

- Updated BIOS (2 times)
- Ryzen software downloaded
- Installed Games on the SSD
- Using Ryzen power plan and high performance power plan
- OC succesfully without any issues both RAM (2933MHz) and CPU (3.7Ghz) the problem existed before OC
- Temps are perfect CPU: 60 GPU: stays in 65 - 70 at maximum
- Reinstalled Windows like 8 times, even from scratch
- Disabled a lot of stuff, SMT, HPET, and many windows process such as Xbox DVR and Game Bar (even from system), Shadow Play...
- Reinstalled GPU Drivers using DDU
- Changed settings on Nvidia Control Panel a lot of times, no configuration solves the issue
- No antivirus if you're wondering about it
- Checked with Latency Moon, no issues on RAM. Checked with Crystal Disk, HDD and SSD are perfect
- Cleared CMOS removing battery
- Placed the GPU on the other PCI-E port

- Tried a different plug at the wall
- Changed RAM and PSU altough this was unnecesary at all 

GPU has a Micron chip, is this relevant? 

Also I used Cinebench and my score is 1300 always (NO OC currently, neither RAM nor CPU) and that is kinda low compared to other tests I've seen in the same conditions.

25 minutes ago, destalk said:

So, basically I built a new rig a year ago (Current components):
- Ryzen 7 1700
- AsRock X370 Taichi 
- 16GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 
- ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX
- 500GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD
- 1TB Western Digital HDD
- Corsair RM750i PSU

FPS are really high (95FPS on Battlefield 1), I play on 2560x1080 at 75Hz (OC monitor), but there are lots of mini frame drops (every 10 - 25 seconds) and screen freezing (only for 1 sec, FPS are high and then they go down for a second) in any game, even on League of Legends, and this happens even if I'm on a calmed zone, sometimes I'm in the middle of all action with lots of explosions and particles everywhere and nothing happens, but then even if everything is quiet, stuttering comes. The PC works just fine, no lag on windows, it boots fast as hell and when I work it does everything perfect but when I play Games it's just a nightmare. I'm thinking on changing to an Intel Processor and MOBO because I can't stay in this situation.

I did everything you can imagine to solve it:

- Updated BIOS (2 times)
- Ryzen software downloaded
- Installed Games on the SSD
- Using Ryzen power plan and high performance power plan
- OC succesfully without any issues both RAM (2933MHz) and CPU (3.7Ghz) the problem existed before OC
- Temps are perfect CPU: 60 GPU: stays in 65 - 70 at maximum
- Reinstalled Windows like 8 times, even from scratch
- Disabled a lot of stuff, SMT, HPET, and many windows process such as Xbox DVR and Game Bar (even from system), Shadow Play...
- Reinstalled GPU Drivers using DDU
- Changed settings on Nvidia Control Panel a lot of times, no configuration solves the issue
- No antivirus if you're wondering about it
- Checked with Latency Moon, no issues on RAM. Checked with Crystal Disk, HDD and SSD are perfect
- Cleared CMOS removing battery
- Placed the GPU on the other PCI-E port

- Tried a different plug at the wall
- Changed RAM and PSU altough this was unnecesary at all 

GPU has a Micron chip, is this relevant? 

Reset everything to default. Don't overclock *anything*

Play games on low setting.

If they play nice, bump up one setting at a time, until you find the point where the stuttering occurs.

Bump it back down a notch until stuttering goes away.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

16 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Reset everything to default. Don't overclock *anything*

Play games on low setting.

If they play nice, bump up one setting at a time, until you find the point where the stuttering occurs.

Bump it back down a notch until stuttering goes away.

I reset BIOS and reinstalled Windows at the same time, Installed only steam to play The Witcher and it keeps happening, even if I'm playing on the lowest resolution and game settings, stuttering occurs, in some games more than others, but it happens always

3 hours ago, destalk said:

I reset BIOS and reinstalled Windows at the same time, Installed only steam to play The Witcher and it keeps happening, even if I'm playing on the lowest resolution and game settings, stuttering occurs, in some games more than others, but it happens always

Did you un-OC your monitor?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.