Does Battlefield 4 still have bugs?

nixproducer

I'm thinking of getting bf4 and i was wondering if it still has major bugs because i don't want to pay money for a game like that with major bugs, and if so what kind of bugs are there and how bad are they

Edit:Do you think i should get it on sale now or should i wait for some of the bugs get fixed even though there may not be that many

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

From what I've played it's been fine, but no game will be bug free. Your talking millions of lines of code. It's definitely stable though. No major issues that I know of.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

From what I've played it's been fine, but no game will be bug free. Your talking millions of lines of code. It's definitely stable though. No major issues that I know of.

Yeah i meant like major bugs, and thanks  :)

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Yes, leaks memory once in a while. Locks my computer up. Only a reboot will fix it.

Yes, leaks memory once in a while. Locks my computer up. Only a reboot will fix it.

Only on Win8 though

OP, no it's fine but it occasionally stops working.

Only on Win8 though

OP, no it's fine but it occasionally stops working.

so on windows 7 it shouldn't do that?

sometimes textures don't spawn in and the rare netcode issues. I rarely get problems which are related to bugs and that

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Few. I had one where every player just disappeared and all I could see them was their guns floating on air. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Being on Windows 8 I've never run into any of those issues. That's odd

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Few. I had one where every player just disappeared and all I could see them was their guns floating on air. 

Happened to me as well.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

No major bugs for me in the past month, still get some weird ones like where your cross hair disappears and it comes back when you use the spot button..

The game is pretty stable to me since the last patch. I haven't crashed since then. The only issues I am having still is the crosshair disappear (press q to fix) and the extremely rare purple/pink textures on something like my defibrillator.

They've released what, 5 or 6 patches since release, not counting server-side hotfixes?

The most noticeable bug I've seen in the last several days I've played is the random "my character is crouched, and I'm sliding around the map on my knees at sprinting speeds" glitch I see from time to time in kill-cams. But that existed in BF3 as well and I don't remember it ever being fixed. Luckily, it's rare, in my experience.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

The last patched fixed everything for me. Before that I would be lucky to get through an entire round without the computer crashing.

It is now a lot better than it was at launch, and while there are still occasional issues, including a memory leak (win7) very occasionally, it is at the point where I would call it basically stable, compared (on my computer) to unplayable at launch (50% crash rate according to battlelog quit%). They are certainly trying to make the game better, and I expect even more of the issues to get ironed out in the first couple of weeks of Jan.

HTTP/2 203

It's a big improvement from launch but there are still a few bugs. But hey, allegedly they are giving away free DLC to make up for the bad launch.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

It's a big improvement from launch but there are still a few bugs. But hey, allegedly they are giving away free DLC to make up for the bad launch.

That's still a rumor.

And it would be really bad form, considering how many people are getting the DLC with Premium anyway... so they technically don't even get the "sorry".

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

It's a big improvement from launch but there are still a few bugs. But hey, allegedly they are giving away free DLC to make up for the bad launch

No, they won't give us free DLC - their idea of making it up to us was the 1 week of double XP and the pistol scope. Unfortunately.

HTTP/2 203

The last patch really improved this for me. I haven't crashed since. For me, most of the bugs have been fixed but of course, your results may vary ;)

Mine crashes very often, it happens so often it is almost unplayable. I am waiting for that to be fixed before I continue. Other than that I have not seen many other glitches. Although no one else seems to have my problem so you should be fine.