New build! Leaving my i72600 and need opinions.

Hello everyone! I would like to share with you my current build and a story:

Intel Core i72600

Dell 0y2mrg

G.Skill Sniper 32gb(4x8gb)

EVGA GTX 980ti ftw

EVGA Supernova 750 G2

Here's a little bit of history behind this Dell XPS 8300 from 2011.

I bought it by phone and got the Dell XPS8300 at a bare minimum close to 700 USD. Purchased the memory separately and started at 16gb at start. Counter strike 1.6, Dota1/2 and Diablo all ran great. As for video cards, I started with the stock GeForce 6800 GT something then this computer went on a video card journey. EVGA GeForce 9800 GT -> EVGA GTX 260 -> EVGA GTX 280 -> EVGA GeForce GTX770 SC. When I bought the 770 I remember thinking the card would last forever. Thought the same thing getting the 980ti.. and here and I am now buying the 1080ti. Now I hope, and have a good feeling that they will, make faster cards well into the future.

Over time I upgraded the memory, power supply, and the hard drives. Running raid 0 on two kingston ssds from, I dunno when, gets me to the login screen under 20 seconds from a cold boot. The Windows starting logo starts its animation for about a second and then login screen. I also get a constant 60-105fps in pubg @ 1080 all settings low exempt antialias and textures both on high.

Just recently the motherboard died on me. All the usb ports started to fail one by one and by the time the replacement arrived I was down to 1 port haha. I have since replaced the motherboard and it's just like new but the whole ordeal opened my eyes.. I believe an upgrade is well over due.

Over the last few months I've been compiling a list.

Here's what I'm planning to upgrade to and would like your opinions.

What do you think about this build? How can I improve it? Should I get the G.Skill Tridentz instead? Let me know!

Intel Core i7-8700K

EVGA CLC 280 
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero

Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 32GB 3466MHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Thank you!

-Leo

IMG_20180715_160420.jpg

Why not just reuse the power supply and graphics card?

You don't need 1200 watts.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Why not just reuse the power supply and graphics card?

You don't need 1200 watts.

It's on sale!

The old pc will get a new motherboard and case and all the guts will be transferred accordingly.

the ryzen 7 1800x is like at 250$ rn, normally i wouldnt recoomend ryzen but at that price its amazing value and with the extra money you can buy a 360mm h150i pro or 500gb ssd

19 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

the ryzen 7 1800x is like at 250$ rn, normally i wouldnt recoomend ryzen but at that price its amazing value and with the extra money you can buy a 360mm h150i pro or 500gb ssd

I much prefer Intel. I will consider the H150i pro. Thank you! I have a few 850 pro's I'll be using for storage.

2 minutes ago, DWDHNC said:

I much prefer Intel.

That's like saying you much prefer x power utility just for the fact that it has that name

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, LienusLateTips said:

That's like saying you much prefer x power utility just for the fact that it has that name

So?

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Why do you prefer Intel over another name

Because I just do.