How low can a battery voltage and amperage drop if damaged?

Underi

I have a Huawei Honor 8 lite (P8 lite 2017) that had a broken screen. I replaced it with a new one and noticed after reassembling it that it is in a bootloop. Tried everything possible that didn't require unlocking bootloader, so I assumed that the battery got damaged if I bent it too much. The battery was bent on one side probably over 30 degrees so I am kinda worried. The battery is very solid now.

Thought about checking it with a multimeter but I have no idea what kind of numbers to be expecting. I have charged the battery a bit so it shouldn't be totally empty, rated capacity of the battery is 2900mAh and rated voltage is 3.82 volts. The battery model is HB366481ECW-. I'm expecting a new battery from china at the minute. What values would point towards a damaged battery?

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

I quess if y ou really damaged you battery it would blow up, that is the characteristic of those batteries, I think you can unplug the battery and leave power on usb just to see if it is the battery fault :)

Does the voltage remain stable or does it drop on its own with no load?

The actual voltage will average to 3.6-3.8 depending on the internal chemistry. At full charge it should top out at 4.1 to 4.2v, and when empty the voltage will be around 3.4.

LiPo/Lion cells reduce in voltage as they discharge, but tend to have little to no drop off in current; unlike alkaline cells which have the same voltage throughout their lifecycle but their current drops linearly.