Phanteks PH-TC12LS cooler in the Node 202?

Hi all,

Here's my issue. I already have a Phanteks PH-TC12LS cooler from a previous build. However, I'm thinking of shrinking that build into the FD Node 202 but still intend to use the Phanteks cooler.
Is it possible to mount a slim 120mm fan beneath the fins instead of on top of it using clips etc? If so, how do I go about doing it and is it a good idea?
Thank you.

You won't be able to fit the Phanteks cooler into the Node 202. The Node 202 supports CPU coolers up to 56mm, the Phanteks PH-TC12LS is 73.66mm tall. The space between the heatsink fins and the heatsink itself is really tight, so I don't think any fans would be able to fit there. Unless you mount a 80mm or 60mm fan under there somehow.

Image result for Phanteks PH-TC12LS

3 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

You won't be able to fit the Phanteks cooler into the Node 202. The Node 202 supports CPU coolers up to 56mm, the Phanteks PH-TC12LS is 73.66mm tall. The space between the heatsink fins and the heatsink itself is really tight, so I don't think any fans would be able to fit there. Unless you mount a 80mm or 60mm fan under there somehow.

Image result for Phanteks PH-TC12LS

I figured that was the case. And I guess using it as a passive cooler for the 6500 isn't viable.