System posts but will not enter bios

mixmaxpowers

Specs:

i5 3470S

Gtx 750ti

Generic Acer motherboard

500w EVGA PSU

I just finished putting my pc together and when I went to test it I could get it to post, but when the manufacturers logo came up and said "press del to enter setup" I found that pressing delete would cause the screen to say "entering setup" but wouldn't actually go to the bios screen. I also tried entering the boot menu and found that I had the same issue. I have tried clearing the cmos and that hasn't worked. I've also tried disconnecting my drives and for whatever reason my usb keyboard stopped being detected. The leds on it would glow but the startup screen wouldn't take any inputs, though if I pressed a key enough times the pc speaker would bleep a little. I'm really at a loss of what could be causing the problem.

So there is power to the keyboard? But the BIOS isn't starting properly? I've had issues in the past with drivers not working and trying to enter the BIOS, but this seems like a different issue. Do you know the actual name of the Acer Motherboard?

12 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

So there is power to the keyboard? But the BIOS isn't starting properly? I've had issues in the past with drivers not working and trying to enter the BIOS, but this seems like a different issue. Do you know the actual name of the Acer Motherboard?

acer b75h2-ad

I can get the computer to read my computer input if I hold delete as I hit the reset button, so the keyboard is being detected, but I still can't enter the bios

So I went through and pulled everything out and found that it was my 750ti that was causing the issue, I guess the old girl has bought the farm, thanks for all the help guys

10 hours ago, mixmaxpowers said:

So I went through and pulled everything out and found that it was my 750ti that was causing the issue, I guess the old girl has bought the farm, thanks for all the help guys

Glad you fixed your issues :)