New PC or new GSync Monitor?

Megazero

So... my PC is like in my signature, and its still working quite well, except 1 of the HDD or fan seem to kicking up some noise recently, and its quite old too, so Im thinking about replacing the whole system (except the SSD and 1 of the HDD + GPU). But at the same time I also dont know if its a good idea to do so since it still serve me well, so I could just buy a GSync monitor instead? Is it worth using GSync? or should I get a new system?

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

personally, unless you need increased CPU performance, that machine looks perfectly fine to me. 

I personally wouldnt replace the machine, id get myself a new monitor, specially if you feel the monitor will benefit you. 

5 minutes ago, Megazero said:

So... my PC is like in my signature, and its still working quite well, except 1 of the HDD or fan seem to kicking up some noise recently, and its quite old too, so Im thinking about replacing the whole system (except the SSD and 1 of the HDD + GPU). But at the same time I also dont know if its a good idea to do so since it still serve me well, so I could just buy a GSync monitor instead? Is it worth using GSync? or should I get a new system?

Your PC build is almost a mirror replica of mine (I just downsized to mITX last weekend but other than that... Down to the G502!) I'd probably get the monitor since the 4790k is still good for just gaming

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

48 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Your PC build is almost a mirror replica of mine (I just downsized to mITX last weekend but other than that... Down to the G502!) I'd probably get the monitor since the 4790k is still good for just gaming

Its good for most uses tbh.  Unless you care A LOT about stream quality, you can just have your laptop encode the stream.  Or do that weird iGPU trick.  Its still more than enough for any non-professional creative work too. (There are pros working with less)

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

Hmm... so the question then become which monitor should I buy lol

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log