G Suite or Office 365

So we're setting up a new business and for our emails I'm not sure whether to go for G Suite or Office 365. 

I have no need for any of the additional features as I already have cloud storage, Microsoft Office etc.

I can find plenty of comparisons online but they all seem to focus on everything but email.

For my emails I use Thunderbird, so are there any restrictions on the amount of emails that you can send through third party clients as we will be sending out quite a few emails a day

I use both Gmail and Outlook for my personal emails so I'm very familiar with both so really it's just a question of is Office 365 worth the extra £1-2 per month per user over G Suite in terms of being just for email

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

9 minutes ago, yolosnail said:

So we're setting up a new business and for our emails I'm not sure whether to go for G Suite or Office 365. 

I have no need for any of the additional features as I already have cloud storage, Microsoft Office etc.

I can find plenty of comparisons online but they all seem to focus on everything but email.

For my emails I use Thunderbird, so are there any restrictions on the amount of emails that you can send through third party clients as we will be sending out quite a few emails a day

I use both Gmail and Outlook for my personal emails so I'm very familiar with both so really it's just a question of is Office 365 worth the extra £1-2 per month per user over G Suite in terms of being just for email

Personally, I'd pick Office 365 because my hate for Google is greater than my hate for Microsoft.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I prefer Office 365 and it is what we recommend for ours clients

Main PC = I5 7600K @4.5ghz, Asus Gtx1070, 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz, 480GB SSD, Msi Z270 Mobo.

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Personally, I'd pick Office 365 because my hate for Google is greater than my hate for Microsoft.

Can’t argue with that solid argument :D:P 

14 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Can’t argue with that solid argument :D:P 

But at least Google is more open about how they steal your data!

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

On 7/10/2018 at 11:48 AM, yolosnail said:

--SNIP--

On 7/10/2018 at 11:58 AM, AluminiumTech said:

On 7/10/2018 at 12:40 PM, Jbonn386 said:

I prefer Office 365 and it is what we recommend for ours clients

I've been in the same boat deciding between the 2 for both myself and a couple clients, but continue leaning toward the O365 side of the fence because of the additional features and administrative control offered when the time they may be needed arises. Plus, there is a reason that Microsoft Exchange is the defacto standard of hosted email worldwide. (I've looked into other options, but really, hosted Exchange services are just easier to implement, configure, and maintain over time than anything else.)

That being said, I feel exactly the same as @AluminiumTech in regards to hating both Google and Microsoft for various reasons. In fact, my main driver of hate revolves around their implementation (or complete lack thereof) of their cloud storage services on Linux. Sure, there are workarounds, and yes, you technically can mount GDrive or OneDrive as WebDav drives with some 3rd party software, but why bother when Dropbox actually works across all 5 common operating systems? (Windows, MacOS, Linux (debian-based), Android, and iOS) Now, if only I could somehow convince DropBox to offer hosted Exchange email services...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)