Linus Tech Tips 3D Intro

Nick-MrMeow

Hello Yall!

I have a question about the 3D Intro made by Ziva Stanojevic for the Ultimaker 3 Video.

Why was the Intro never kept? Am i wrong about this? I only remember seeing it the ONE time.

I loved this intro, and many other people did aswell. Here is a screenshot of the strawpoll on the subject.

I am just curious on the matter. Is this something you have plans on redoing in the future?

Keep up the good work, love you guys. -Nick

3d Intro Strawpoll Linus Tech.PNG

Intellectual property rights are complicated and the amount of due diligence we would have had to do to acquire them for this just didn't make sense.

But it was too well done to never use so we put it on that video knowing we might have to pull it down someday.

Oh I just went and watched the Ultimaker video. It's so good that's such a shame.

One minute in~

Spoiler

On 08/07/2018 at 6:16 AM, LinusTech said:

Intellectual property rights are complicated and the amount of due diligence we would have had to do to acquire them for this just didn't make sense.

But it was too well done to never use so we put it on that video knowing we might have to pull it down someday.

Or recreate it?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

7 minutes ago, iHomer said:

Or recreate it?

Then you're still stuck with the copyright problems.

On 7/8/2018 at 4:18 PM, fpo said:

One minute in~

Reveal hidden contents

Thx. That's such a cool intro.

That's an F in the profile pic

50 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Thx. That's such a cool intro.

Figured people would want to know which video it was and be in the thread for convenience. 

On 7/7/2018 at 10:16 PM, LinusTech said:

Darn this "intellectual property" thing. Thank you for the reply. Linus... you da man! And good luck in finding your pet.

10 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Then you're still stuck with the copyright problems.

1000-year licensing agreement.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.