Help with a first build

Hello everybody. I am planning out my first build, and I've got a general understanding of most things by now, and i picked out this list of parts:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wFKZ29

But after uploading that to another forum, someone suggested some changes to it, which made it look like this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HWNXfH

Mainly they switched out the i7 8700(non K) with an AMD Ryzen 7 1700, even though it doesn't seem to perform better on that many tests. 

The system is going to be used mostly for gaming, but I'd like to have pretty versatile as I do a lot of different hobby work on there. (Video- and Photoediting and 3D-work)

I didn't bring it up on that post, but I only use a 1080p 60Hz monitor and i know that the GTX1080 is a major overkill, but I'd like to keep the PC as future proof as my budget allows, but I am willing to move down if anyone can come with a compelling argument.

If anyone had some tips that would be greatly appreciated.

*Edit* I live in Denmark so it was probably a mistake to choose the american PC part picker, but the prices are taken from the cheapest (according to price runner) and fairly trustworthy websites. Things are generally more expensive here.

The Ryzen build has slow ram which is shit.

Intel doesn't benefit from fast ram so we can afford to go with ram clocked at 2400MHz.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($298.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B360M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($68.08 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($504.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Corsair) 
Total: $1182.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-04 07:12 EDT-0400

hi.

I think a gtx1070 or 1070ti if you only have 1080 60fps.The only real reason for a 1080 is for rendering/hardware accleration. It will pretty future proof. And maybe gets some more case fans.

• CPU
    I5-8400
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte B360 ds3h
  • RAM
    2*8gb Vengence 2400 ddr4
  • GPU
    ASUS gtx 1060
  • Case
    Fractal define c mini windowed
  • Storage
    1tb WD blue and 240gb sandisk ssd
  • PSU
    550w bronze corsair cxm (grey)
  • Operating System
    windows 10

My only real thought is that the PSU is a T4 - you should be able to get a better one for cheaper (Ideally T3 or above).

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Why the locked prices? What country do you live in?

:)

gtx 1080 for a 1080p ?  a 1060 6gb can game at high at 60fps and more at 1080p , if you are aiming to buy a new monitor its better to purchase a 1070/1070ti and have a little bit of the monitor than have a overkill pc to put to a good use 2 years later?, there is not such as best card period. best build is adjusting the budget to the usage, a 1080 with a 60hz screen long term is throwing your money and if you dont put a fps limiter on your games you are "wasting" cpu resources to bump fps from numbers that the only benefit is a little less of imput lag.

Its ok to buy a 1080 if you have thought short term on a 144hz (1080p or 1440p doesnt matter) monitor, but at least 144hz.

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Gaming-S2716DGR-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B0149QBOF0 

this will be perfect for that build 165hz 1440p with gsync :D 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.