Thank You Linus and This Community

qwefghnm

I just wanted to say thanks for this community and Linus.  I started watching Linus on youtube when he was working for NCIX when I was first learning how to build a computer (around age 10).  It was around the time my mom got sick and was dealing with a tumor so instead of working on school I was watching Linus.  Linus got me into technology, and I have been a passive watcher since and have watched almost every day.  Tech is now my life - I own an AI startup, I have been working as a developer since the end of middle school, and I'll be attending Stanford in the fall for Computer Science and Math with a minor in Classic Litterature.  This community and channel really changed my life and not a day goes by when I wonder what the hell I would be doing right now. 

so instead of working on school I was watching Linus.

Not sure that is necessarily a good thing. None the less it appears to have worked out so congratulations.

I am a little skeptical about your "owning" an AI startup before even graduating middle school though. I would be very interested in hearing more about it and/or being provided a link. Who knows, maybe I will invest in it.

I'm a bit skeptical as well but if it indeed gave you the impetus to take ownership of your life and apply yourself then more power to ya keep it up

51 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Not sure that is necessarily a good thing. None the less it appears to have worked out so congratulations.

I am a little skeptical about your "owning" an AI startup before even graduating middle school though. I would be very interested in hearing more about it and/or being provided a link. Who knows, maybe I will invest in it.

Oh, the startup is new lol.  Working as a dev before middle school and the startup are unconnected lol. 

3 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Glad everything turned out fine for you :) Believe me, having perseverance can get you far! Good luck with your future plans.

Popping in some free promotion... I like it :PxD

Nah nah nah was just killing skepticism 

6 hours ago, qwefghnm said:

I just wanted to say thanks for this community and Linus.  I started watching Linus on youtube when he was working for NCIX when I was first learning how to build a computer (around age 10).  It was around the time my mom got sick and was dealing with a tumor so instead of working on school I was watching Linus.  Linus got me into technology, and I have been a passive watcher since and have watched almost every day.  Tech is now my life - I own an AI startup, I have been working as a developer since the end of middle school, and I'll be attending Stanford in the fall for Computer Science and Math with a minor in Classic Litterature.  This community and channel really changed my life and not a day goes by when I wonder what the hell I would be doing right now. 

Well done, glad you got something good out of a difficult time for you. I hope you do very well in your prospective startup, and of course in your schoolwork :)

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini